Status
Not open for further replies.

cillin

Apr 17, 2002
Jurong West
Visit site
aaa.jpg

Originally posted by SniperD
great shot! I love the bluish hues that envelops the tree tops... any other digital manipulation done besides adding the frame?

Yes, remove some buildings, cropping, resizing, convert to dualtone, adjust brightness and contrast.

Wah Piang eh!..Thought you scan some postcards in...:bsmilie:
Very beauiful...

Originally posted by cillin

Yes, remove some buildings, cropping, resizing, convert to dualtone, adjust brightness and contrast.

Photoshop is amazing, ainit?

Take a pic, remove some buildings, add some trees, add some mist - voila! a masterpiece! :D

Very nice. Somehow the word Yangon comes to mind, as well as some strains of Dire Straits...

"These mist covered mountains
Are a home now for me..."

Nice pic. But understand that this is not a real photo? In other words its just a manipulated digital picture. I would not give much credit to the picture taking but credit the software skills of the "manipulator". Guess I'm a purist when it comes to photographs, digital or film. Hence still prefer to work with film.

Originally posted by kingpin
Nice pic. But understand that this is not a real photo? In other words its just a manipulated digital picture. I would not give much credit to the picture taking but credit the software skills of the "manipulator". Guess I'm a purist when it comes to photographs, digital or film. Hence still prefer to work with film.

Yep, maybe you are right. Remove buildings, no choice, Singapore too many high rise buildings around, will spoilt the mood if buildings are there. I think are effect can be achieve from film camera by adding filters.

Maybe I will post the original when I get back home tonite.

This is Singapore????????!!!!!!! And here I always keep complaining that there is not much to photograph in Singapore. Good photographs can be taken anywhere - proves that all you need is THE eye! Maginificient shot!

Originally posted by Radix Lecti
This is Singapore????????!!!!!!! And here I always keep complaining that there is not much to photograph in Singapore. Good photographs can be taken anywhere - proves that all you need is THE eye! Maginificient shot!

my sentiments EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

where was this taken?

I think it's a great shot too. Yes, a line should be drawn betn digital manipulation and using film as a purist. But at the end of the day, photography is an art. One should not be too restricted or make oneself feel too narrow-minded when it comes to expressions of feelings. In todays' world, you'll be left behind and be out of business if you just live inside a box. I think with digital comes a whole new creative learning experience.

Originally posted by kingpin

I beg to differ:

Credit to the picture taking, the Artist had anticipated his/her end results, the picture was already created in the mind, and he/she subsequently deployed enhancement & touch up tools available, in this instance it's the digital darkroom at work........a PC and PS.

Ansel Adams was a manipulator too, he does it in the darkroom. The things you can do in the Darkroom are as rewarding as in PS, the finer skills are very difficult to aquire . Different chemical blends, timings, temperature and mechanical agitation affect the end results. Most important the picture had been created in the mind........you got to put in on photographic paper or a PC Monitor.

Quote: David

"I think it's a great shot too. Yes, a line should be drawn betn digital manipulation and using film as a purist. But at the end of the day, photography is an art. One should not be too restricted or make oneself feel too narrow-minded when it comes to expressions of feelings. In todays' world, you'll be left behind and be out of business if you just live inside a box. I think with digital comes a whole new creative learning experience"

I see your point David. It is very difficult to draw the line.
In manipulation what are the rules to stay within the bounderies of a "purist".

We are no more a purist is the strict sense when we send out films to the lab for processing and printing. Half the end result is not in your control. We accept it when we ask a lab to enlarge and crop it to 20 x 24 or what ever. There are off cos not many exceptions for those who are fully geared to do colour developing and printing at home or where ever.....for B & W there are more though.

Manipulation basically entails Addition, Subtraction, distortion and "Enhancement" of the original whether in Digital or Negative form.

I am not in favour of the addition & the changing of the actual colours (changing of tones is not what I mean), though the later would be much accepteed in techno sort of art forms.

There are many differing views and a subject for much constructive debate and inputs:

"WHAT IS A TRUE PURIST IN THE PHOTOGRAPHIC SENSE"

"WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE IN THE FAST MOVING LANES OF
THE DIGITAL MEDUIM"

Koishe

I like the mood... personally I wish there were more space on top:)

Personally, I like what I have seen, regardless of where this is taken. It does gives me a feeling of the wild out there.

Once again, cillin, good work. :thumbsup:

This shot is taken in Singapore around 7.15AM @ JW St 42 where the "forest" is beside PIE.

Here is the original

aab.jpg

Kongg,
Corporation Rd exit, towards the direction of Tuas

Status
Not open for further replies.