Deal or No Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwest

Sep 20, 2006
Last week I actually watched this show for the first time. I know a couple of the new girls so I thought I would take the chance to watch them on TV.

Based on these two shows, why not just change the name of the show to "No Deal", let the contestant pick a suitcase and then open it! Seems the whole point of the game (i.e. maximise your expected gain) is lost on the contestants who just seem to want to show a stubborn defiance of the 'banker', who must be laughing his socks off!

Can anyone who's watched a lot of shows tell me if anyone deals early? Or does everyone just keep taking the 'No Deal' option until the end!?

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
hmm, some unproven leaks keep popping out saying that they are to sign a contract to make it entertaining... hence if you bank out immediately, i guess u will breech the contract or something...

anyway, i've stopped watching these gameshows since like 10 years ago... only glanced tis game show for a while and switched channel...

garou12

Deregistered
May 15, 2007
Last week I actually watched this show for the first time. I know a couple of the new girls so I thought I would take the chance to watch them on TV.

Based on these two shows, why not just change the name of the show to "No Deal", let the contestant pick a suitcase and then open it! Seems the whole point of the game (i.e. maximise your expected gain) is lost on the contestants who just seem to want to show a stubborn defiance of the 'banker', who must be laughing his socks off!

Can anyone who's watched a lot of shows tell me if anyone deals early? Or does everyone just keep taking the 'No Deal' option until the end!?
like SG's who wants to be a millionaire there prob won't be anyone who gets the big pay off...:dunno:

iskofil

Jul 9, 2007
woodlands
hmm, some unproven leaks keep popping out saying that they are to sign a contract to make it entertaining... hence if you bank out immediately, i guess u will breech the contract or something......
you have a point... like all the contestants are very greedy...:dunno:

garou12

Deregistered
May 15, 2007
you have a point... like all the contestants are very greedy...:dunno:
lol not greedy then why go on the show in the first place? Its like finding suckers who want something for nothing :bsmilie:

advrider

Sep 3, 2007
LA 2019
if you want to get on the show. lst criteria is that you have to be a weirdo. something special and interesting.

garou12

Deregistered
May 15, 2007
if you want to get on the show. lst criteria is that you have to be a weirdo. something special and interesting.
I want to see someone acting like Jack Sparrow. That would be a hoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom