Deal or No Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panzer

Nov 7, 2004
NSW Australia
Hi all,

From some threads in the other forums, I gather that this show is coming (or has already started) to SG. Is the show format the same as the one in the States and what is the highest prize, $1million? Is Adrain Pang the host?

This is one of my favorite game show and it is very popular here.

Thanks and enjoy the show.

$250,000 is the highest money you can win and the players are a bunch of weirdos. :bsmilie:

It's already started and Adrian Pang is the host. The highest prize is S$250,000.

I don't know how the US version in like but the people in charge over here favour putting really annoying, obnoxious or just plain weird characters on the show. It gets tiresome.

I'm not sure how popular it is but most of the people I've asked share the same opinion as me. Maybe the majority of Singaporeans like the cheap theatrics (after all, look the Chinese serials and English sitcoms are full of it and they're very popular) and its the best thing since sliced bread for them.

$250,000 only? I guess SG market not that big to find sponsor for $1 million.

It is a Show after all and they need participants to be entertaining, that's why there are auditions. The US versions do have interesting and entertaining characters but I won't classify them as "weirdos" and they just make the show lively. I know SG game shows tend to overdo it in this aspect just like CH 8's "Who wants to be a millionaire show", just get boring and draggy after a while.

A good host is very important too and I think Howie is fantastic!. I hope Adrian Pang would bring life to the show.

Thanks for the update.

I wonder if there is any contestant that will accept the 1st deal given. Or are they under some kind of clause where they are not suppose to accept the 1st few deals.

I wonder if there is any contestant that will accept the 1st deal given. Or are they under some kind of clause where they are not suppose to accept the 1st few deals.

we can try, how much u get for 1st deal?

maybe the guy darn heng, 1st 1 already open up the 250,000, super suay...

wonder will there be a time whereby its left with 2 box, 1 with the contestant, 1 in front, 250,000 & 1.... 50% chance to be rich or idiot... :bsmilie:

wonder will there be a time whereby its left with 2 box, 1 with the contestant, 1 in front, 250,000 & 1.... 50% chance to be rich or idiot... :bsmilie:

I think most sensible people would just accept the deal which would be around $140,000 when faced with this situation. ~$140000 is a lot of money to bid for $250000 or $1.

The only time when one (sensible ones) would try for the $250000 would be when the last case with the girl is a very high amount like the 2nd or 3rd highest amount.

Anyway, what's the highest amount that has been dealed so far in this SG series?

Status
Not open for further replies.