Deaf operated KFC outlet at the Joint Social Service Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
The KFC Management Ptd Ltd in colloration with SADeaf has started a Deaf operated KFC outlet at the Joint Social Service Centre located at Toa Payoh, Lorong One. (It's just next to Braddell MRT station)

The outlet is the first in the Food and Beverage Sector in Singapore to be operated by Deaf "Counter Crews" and "Back of the House Crews". The Project will initially provide 20 to 25 job opportunities for the Deaf Community. Apart from providing a "Deaf friendly" working environment, the place is also user friendly for people with disabilities. Ramps as well as Braille menu are in place to facilitate wheelchair users and visually handicapped.

Hope that you will drop by the outlet and give them your support. Try ordering without spoken communication. How to do it? you will find out when you are there ordering yourself. The outlet opens on 20 Jan 2003. At the left of the counter, you will see a TV introducing some facts of ordering and the deaf.

Hey, come on down to the outlet, hope to see you there. Grap your frens along.

The Official Opening is scheduled on 14 March 2003, Friday, at 3pm. Mrs S R Nathan has kindly agreed to grace the ceremony.

wah worthy cause... i'm in that area a lot. will frequent the place often. :thumbsup:

You sign? Never say when we were in SG...

Originally posted by Wolfgang

I would love to learn... :)

Come over here for a visit lah, I teach you.

Who said anything about free?

Originally posted by NitroTech

what kind??

The original recipe one... or maybe the spicy one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.