Dead after working 72 hours straight

I done that once, during server crash, and try to do data recovery.
almost 10 years ago, still using Novell server 4
Lucky still I still alive :)

Why is there a need to work more than 12 hours at a stretch? Are you paid millions? Treasure your own well-being.

He collapsed in the shower in his student flat in east London amid claims that he had worked through the night eight times in two weeks in an attempt to impress bosses, returning home at 6am on three consecutive days. His office day began at 9am. It has been claimed that he suffered an epileptic fit.

tbh, boss dont give a 5.h.1.t

It's kinda like that in investment banking. Good thing I didn't start out my career in the investment banking division.

Not a big deal. Lots of less privileged people all over the world have worked or can work 72 hours.
Any soldier in the final testing phase of his training course would have such an exercise.
Especially the commandos, navy seals, etc...

Some tourists on 4 day 3 night tours to Hatyai, have also "worked" 72 hours non-stop. Never see them emerge from hotel room.

Last edited:
It happens. just seems like his body is not used to it and could not take this kind of stress imposed on it suddenly.

When working in the IT industry, it's a certainty that sooner or later a mission critical system will crash and you'll spend days working non-stop to rebuild the damn thing.

Longest I've ever worked is 40 or 41 hours non-stop without sleep after a critical system failure. Dunno why, but I actually drove myself home after that?

Looking back that was a dumb thing to do, I was practically collapsing at the wheel and I'm lucky not to have passed out or crashed my car into a tree.

.....our guys can readily clock 80 hours to win a car ..... :thumbsup:

Not a big deal. Lots of less privileged people all over the world have worked or can work 72 hours.
Any soldier in the final testing phase of his training course would have such an exercise.
Especially the commandos, navy seals, etc...

Some tourists on 4 day 3 night tours to Hatyai, have also "worked" 72 hours non-stop. Never see them emerge from hotel room.

you talking nonsense again. if a soldier die because the officers did not give him/her proper rest, they are going to jail.

Last edited:
Haiz.....

http://smartblogs.com/leadership/20...without-sleep-taught-a-seal-about-leadership/

How come people don't know. It is common place for special forces.

I have gone through some thing like this in SAF normal troop training. .... a long time ago.

yah, because he never died ,so nothing happen.

if someone died, then it will be escalated? you read the Taiwan news recently? all the officers are going to jail...reason, didn't give solider proper rest. google it.

Last edited:
you talking nonsense again. if a soldier die because the officers did not give him/her proper rest, they are going to jail.

Also.. its not just that 72 hours.. he had worked his ass to the limit long before that.. its just that he had sleep breaks. Look at the list of the company he interned for.

Why is there a need to work more than 12 hours at a stretch? Are you paid millions? Treasure your own well-being.

Even during army exercise, we find time to rest!

Even during army exercise, we find time to rest!

....take cover ....... that guy probably not army trained ......

They are on an emergency mission to restore critical system failure? :)

...... testing out if their cables still working properly ............ maybe got electrocuted in the process....... :bsmilie:

Last edited: