DC Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy

Jun 6, 2003
Changi
Visit site
Hi all SENIORS:) I'm a newbie to world of DC & this forum:embrass: Read some threads here but I get confused:dunno: Can some kind soul pls explain the followng terms to me:
1. x20, x30 (of compact flash cards)
2. formatting in FAT
3. difference between normal & fine shots
4. how to adjust normal & fine shot on my DC
5. Is Hagiwara a gd brand CF card? Is it truly Made In Japan?

Thanx in advance for those who can help.;) Remember, I'm a newbie, pls be patient hor!:D

1. x20, x30 (of compact flash cards)
2. formatting in FAT
3. difference between normal & fine shots
4. how to adjust normal & fine shot on my DC
5. Is Hagiwara a gd brand CF card? Is it truly Made In Japan?

1 - That's the speed the compact flash is capable of being written/wrote at.

2 - Like HDDs, there is a file system, so on storages there are file systems, insert into your cam, and use the format on the menu, you should not hit any worries/problems with it :)

3 - The JPEG compression amount, for normal shots the compression is higher, allowing a smaller file size, so you get more shots on a CF. Fine will be a larger filesize so you get less shots, IMO, there isn't really much difference between the two when you just look at it or print it out. It's just compression details

4 - That one you'll have to refer the manual unless you can list out the model and some owners of the same camera can advise you.

5- I can't help you on that. I personally use Transcend and find them good. There many popular brands out there, like PQI, Ridata as well. Do check out the response in the consumer's section

Thanx Bro espn;) Learned new things today:D
I bot a canon A60. Any seniors out there can advise me on how to adjust to fine/normal size vv?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.