DC Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy

Jun 6, 2003
Changi
Visit site
Hi all SENIORS:) I'm a newbie to world of DC & this forum:embrass: Read some threads here but I get confused:dunno: Can some kind soul pls explain the followng terms to me:
1. x20, x30 (of compact flash cards)
2. formatting in FAT
3. difference between normal & fine shots
4. how to adjust normal & fine shot on my DC
5. Is Hagiwara a gd brand CF card? Is it truly Made In Japan?

Thanx in advance for those who can help.;) Remember, I'm a newbie, pls be patient hor!:D

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
1. x20, x30 (of compact flash cards)
2. formatting in FAT
3. difference between normal & fine shots
4. how to adjust normal & fine shot on my DC
5. Is Hagiwara a gd brand CF card? Is it truly Made In Japan?
1 - That's the speed the compact flash is capable of being written/wrote at.

2 - Like HDDs, there is a file system, so on storages there are file systems, insert into your cam, and use the format on the menu, you should not hit any worries/problems with it :)

3 - The JPEG compression amount, for normal shots the compression is higher, allowing a smaller file size, so you get more shots on a CF. Fine will be a larger filesize so you get less shots, IMO, there isn't really much difference between the two when you just look at it or print it out. It's just compression details

4 - That one you'll have to refer the manual unless you can list out the model and some owners of the same camera can advise you.

5- I can't help you on that. I personally use Transcend and find them good. There many popular brands out there, like PQI, Ridata as well. Do check out the response in the consumer's section

Navy

Jun 6, 2003
Changi
Visit site
Thanx Bro espn;) Learned new things today:D
I bot a canon A60. Any seniors out there can advise me on how to adjust to fine/normal size vv?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom