DBS Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Just gotten this email in my private mailbox, so folks, please beware, a quick check on the header shows the URL doesn't point to DBS.

DBS doesn't even have our email to begin with. They also didn't even bother to encrypt the password with ***** to begin with :bsmilie:

-

Dear online customer!

For security purposes your account has been randomly chosen for verification.
To verify your account information we are asking you to provide us with all the data we are requesting.
Otherwise we will not be able to verify your identity and access to your account will be denied.
Please fill this form to verify your account details.

Thank you.

<<Login Page Here>>

-

fiak,

i thot they were real!!!!!!!!! shite!

liddat how :(

Change ur password la!! Still talk so much

You will get A LOT of these nonsense.

Basic priciples: call up or write to the relevant authority to verify.

took it from the DBS webbie.

If you suspect that you are being phished, please do contact us at our Customer Service Centre at 1800-1111111. Your report will help us identify phishing websites that seek to target DBS and our customers. In addition, this information will help us publish and maintain a list of these fraudulent sites so that other users will be warned. "

plsoong said:
where to change?!?!?!?!

or you can transfer all your money to my account for safekeeping :) you still know my account no. right? :bsmilie:

and its from NUS email :angry:

ggggrrrrrrrrr

so i can do an ONLINE pin change?

plsoong said:

ggggrrrrrrrrr

Go log in to your internet banking account as usual and look for the password change button.

yaoxing said:
Go log in to your internet banking account as usual and look for the password change button.

thanx yaoxing, blardy buggers..... nowadays my uni email oso FULL OF SPAM! dunno what they doing :(

plsoong said:

ggggrrrrrrrrr

think you should call them first. no way to change the pin online. there's a form for requesting a new pin at the log-in page. you need to send that in then they'll send you a new pin. you log on and you are then allowed to change your PIN once only. see their FAQ lor.

you should know mah, our NUS mail account sometimes got viruses, spams lah etc. so many people don't use their common sense when opening their e-mails and it gets all over the servers. my account don't have probably cos i never check recently and now it's closed cos clogged with seminar notices :bsmilie: dunno why they keep bombarding us. somemore files so big.

oops. i stand corrected. the thing i read was for user ID.pardon my ignorance :confused:

No way to change your ATM PIN online (have to go personally to bank and possibly replace your card too, not sure), but can change your Internet Banking PIN online.

plsoong said:
thanx yaoxing, blardy buggers..... nowadays my uni email oso FULL OF SPAM! dunno what they doing :(

Quick! Draw all your $$ out first. :sweat:
You never know what damage those DoDo could do.
If require, file a police report.
Next time hang youself for making such a mistake. :hung:

quickly change password and you should be fine.

Hmm... I thought DBS has some protection on transfering of money.

PhotoDog said:
Hmm... I thought DBS has some protection on transfering of money.

yes the OTA thingy. but it's best to change your password. all your account information is already compromised

Should be ok lah coz for 3rd party transfer DBS require u to key in a verification pin which will be sent to your mobile phone. If u do not key in then the 3rd party account transfer will not go thru. Its a safety measure to prevent unauthorise transfers.
For now they can only see how many millions of dollars is in your account but cannot touch it. :bsmilie:

I disabled my money transfer for the DBS online already. Don't really trust the internet system. Else you can limit the amounbt of money to be transfered a day.

you SHOULD forward the mail to DBS. You can trace where the email is from by looking at the headers. This is impt to stop such things in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.