DBS Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.
NUS just sent a mail to catious students regarding this mail... hope no students suffered any loss, esp the foreigners... :eek:

wind30 said:
I disabled my money transfer for the DBS online already. Don't really trust the internet system. Else you can limit the amounbt of money to be transfered a day.

you SHOULD forward the mail to DBS. You can trace where the email is from by looking at the headers. This is impt to stop such things in the future
I wanted to, bu they have no freaking email address available on the web that I can forward it to.

espn said:
I wanted to, bu they have no freaking email address available on the web that I can forward it to.

Yah.. same here.. in the end, I found the message saying to report phishing incidents, please call their customer service hotline.

Thats really dumb imho. I'm not going to read out source code to some customer service office over the phone. If they can't even be bothered to provide a valid email to forward these phishing mai (and churn thorugh them) then why should a random net user be bothered to call them up and spend all that time browring through their IVR system to get to a customer service officer?

PS. You can send them a note on their generic feedback form though if you look hard enough.

wantunn said:
Yah.. same here.. in the end, I found the message saying to report phishing incidents, please call their customer service hotline.

Thats really dumb imho. I'm not going to read out source code to some customer service office over the phone. If they can't even be bothered to provide a valid email to forward these phishing mai (and churn thorugh them) then why should a random net user be bothered to call them up and spend all that time browring through their IVR system to get to a customer service officer?

PS. You can send them a note on their generic feedback form though if you look hard enough.
I don't understand your complaint. Isn't it better to TALK to one of them on the phone then just send an email and wait a few hours? Some people might have already gotten tricked or fooled like someone here. I personally prefer their method of being active then to send to some email which is just waiting to be opened when they want to.

I received this email too. Of course it's fraud lah.. dbs wouldn't ask for pin thru email one... so wanted to report to them... spent the morning looking for an email to forward to, but lo and behold, there's none available.. only a 1800-1111111 "machine" custormer service line.. (which by the way, make me go thru a few minutes of pressing of numbers, but still can't talk to a real person..sigh...) and a useless feedback form page online.. which can't be used... what on earth are they doing??? really crappy stuffs...
Guess the best thing to do is to go to the bank and talk to the staff physically...

guess it's tough being a "good" citizen.... sighz..

I had email to DBS regarding this email but no reply from them...
may be long weekend...

Vulpix0r said:
I don't understand your complaint. Isn't it better to TALK to one of them on the phone then just send an email and wait a few hours? Some people might have already gotten tricked or fooled like someone here. I personally prefer their method of being active then to send to some email which is just waiting to be opened when they want to.

The complaint here is that it's their customer. Yes you get faster information when using the phone but you end up with a lot smaller nnumber of people willing to call in to make the report. I get phishing mail for Ebay, Wells Fargo, Citibank and more. Will I call them each individually to let them know? When I can find an email to send it to I will, otherwise....

Another thing, is it easier to forward the phising mail with all relevant information or is the customer service office qualified to teach callers who may be on outlook, thunderbird, mutt, pine etc how to view extract and pass on the relevant information?

Reply email from DBS...

---------- email -------------
It has come to our attention that there has been a fictitious email message circulating that claims to be from DBS Verification Service (eg. support@dbs.com), requesting you to update your particulars or to validate your personal information.

Please note that any emails of this nature are bogus and not from DBS. Please ignore the mail and DO NOT fill in the requested information. DBS will never ask you to verify any personal information by email.

We wish to reassure you that your financial transactions with DBS iBanking will not be compromised as all third-party funds transfers can only be made to your authorized payees through iB Message with a One-Time Password (OTP).

Important - If you have received the bogus email and you have taken the action to update your particulars, please contact DBS immediately by calling our DBS Customer Service Centre at 1800-1111111 to re-set your DBS iBanking PIN. You will be attended to by our experienced DBS staff. Once again, DBS will never ask you to verify any personal information by email.

If you need any assistance or require any clarifications, please call our Customer Service Center at 1800-1111111.

Best regards

Mrs Ong Siew See
Business Operations
Consumer Banking Group
DBS Bank

Email address : customerservice@dbs.com
Operation Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.15pm

Status
Not open for further replies.