DBS/POSB Security Compromised

Interesting to note that multiple reports of such fraudulent cases of unauthorised banking transaction actually surfaced in EDMW more than 24 hours before DBS and the mainsteam media released any information pertaining to the "large scale bank fraud" in progress.

Last edited:
Interesting to note that multiple reports of such fraudulent cases of unauthorised banking transactions actually surfaced in EDMW more than 24 hours before DBS and the mainsteam media released any information to the "large scale bank fraud" in progress.

edmw always got the fastest/latest news, that's why sph bought over hardwarezone. lot of times already, stuff u read on papers actually came from edmw.

my friend kenna ... about $600 SGD... apparently the bank is calling victims to deactivate atm cards... they called her before she even checked via IB

jialat .. internet banking is busy.. cant logged in

I already told friends not to do Internet banking. But the yaya papaya ones say no problem, very safe. Got bank issued dongle to send them pin number.

I already told friends not to do Internet banking. But the yaya papaya ones say no problem, very safe. Got bank issued dongle to send them pin number.

I think its not Internet Banking issue. Those who have ATM card are affected which is why the Bank is calling victims to deactivate atm cards

wait till we find out more details first. internet banking password + dongle is a different password to ATM passwords. i highly doubt they got hacked via the internet.

i'll am guessing someone did one of those steal info attachments and left it in malaysia... then unsuspecting sgeans go there spend, use card, info tio stolen.

This happened in Malaysia few years back.. The countermeasure taken by banks was to introduce ATM cards & ATM machines that read the smart-chip instead of the magnetic strip, all ATM cards in Malaysia were replaced with cards with the smart-chip. I guess banks in Singapore would need to take similar measures to prevent such cases.

However, in Singapore, there is an additional risk also when people use NETS to make purchases too. As the ATM card needs to be swiped & pin needs to be entered. Please be cautious + aware when doing NETS transactions too and make sure that the cashier does not swipe your card on any other device to read off the magnetic strip. Usually the cashier would only need to swipe on the NETS machine and probably their point-of-sales system (cash register).

Best is to cover the numeric keypad when entering pin because the info from the magnetic strip is useless without knowing the pin.

The thing to do now is to change your ATM pin number ASAP and it should prevent un-authorized usage of your existing (old) pin.

Cheers,
Andrew

not bad.the expert opinion is just like what i guessed, a card skimmer. no prizes though

I got the feeling that breach is at DBS since only DBS/POSB cards affected and around 200 accounts.

my fren just checked hers and she lost $120
please go check your accounts now

The thief would be disappointed to see how much I have in the bank :sweatsm:
Maybe he'll even take pity and deposit $50.000 to my account :bsmilie: