DBS Bank deducts payment from NS allowance, leaves only $1 in account

Status
Not open for further replies.
:angry: that's how the cookie crumbles in Singapore :thumbsd:

DBS is like that one, never changes it spots. You think why Madam Ho had to take away the entire payroll of Chartered from them 20 years ago?

if it weren't for POSB I wouldn't even do business with them.

DBS gets bad publicity again. Someone in the bank sucks. That guy had better find a way to open an account in another bank to have his pay credited into.

Agreed, since they just deduct, then just leave $1 there and pay credit into another bank.

Parchiao said:
DBS gets bad publicity again. Someone in the bank sucks. That guy had better find a way to open an account in another bank to have his pay credited into.

dunno will i get shoot my head off here if i say tis... but here goes...

there is no free meal in this world, if like he said himself, he gotten a study loan, and he should know the consequences if he flung, and now that dbs is doing what in proper procedure.

not sure if the guy does have a black & white to support his deferment scheme, but end of the day, its still black & white wins, if the officer just say it out of his mouth just to pacify him, i think he in deep trouble.

in corporate world, ppl just think about profits... and also generating them, negative publicity however does not welcome profits, thats a sad fact DBS did not anticipate. But from a neutral point of view (clear headed, non emotional), the guy should have done if he gets his loan, and understand the contract, and fulfil it. And y din anybody say anything nice about DBS when they gave him a deferment previously? ;p

Anyway, hope the guy got relatives who can really help him just pay off the loan, or get some interest free loan for infinity dates (highly impossible).

Well must commend him for being really smart to write to the press! And a most impressive letter. In this case, one can be sure that he will get some form of assistance.... :) Maybe some tycoon will give him a loan or a job to pay the debt. Good Publicity for the tycoon too... "Businessman shares and cares during the Chinese New Year Season.... Donates to poor NS boy"

DCA I do agree with you. On the other hand, I had too many horrid encounters with DBS to feel like saying anything good for them ;p

in any respect, it is an act of desperation but he did mention he is not asking for free hand outs or charity, merely a deferment to get out of the current financial issue.

Not many of us will understand what is like in his shoes, not many of us have ever suffered what he is going through. With a bank so big, yet without any compassion on merely doing its job is not worth the support. We put our money safe in the bank and they use it make more money, thier turnover is in the billions. 8K is really peanuts to the bank for a compassionate reason for deferment.

What if each of us from CS, pledge $1 , at least there's money for them to pass CNY. :think:

poohbear said:
What if each of us from CS, pledge $1 , at least there's money for them to pass CNY. :think:

It's a good idea, Mr. Chairman. You are always good at heart. :thumbsup:

That's what they always think about all the time! Money make money & nothing else! You break their laws/agreements, they'll come all the way after you to get their $$ back at all cost.

if you recall several years back, weren't they the same bank that was reprimanded by the Court for doing something similar to a mother/daughter pair, who was asking for deferred payment, and indeed has been paying the instalments, on their housing loan?

Someone in DBS SUCKS and that someone ought to be FIRED!

sad case?

not sure if I will get flamed but I find that not really sad leh. He took a study loan and failed to graduate.... Some things are beyond your control but the above is not.

There are sadder cases around where circumstances are REALLY beyond one's control.

Status
Not open for further replies.