Day to Night test

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestone

Mar 2, 2003
West
www.redmonsoon.com
Hi guys,
Not sure if can post here but it's Photography and Photoshop so I reckon should be fine?

Just sharing the first 'day to night' photoshop matte I've done for myself.
Please kindly consider this a WIP though most major stuff are in, was thinking of adding extras like trees, shadows,other tweaking....

Comments and suggestions are most welcome! Please help me see what doesn't seem right.

Original image is freely downloaded from the net so a pity it's not as high-res as I would like it to be.

Any suggestions are welcomed!Thks

Nite

Original

ya ya.. share you digital workflow.. must be cut and paste from somewhere... especially the trees and clouds

sinlg said:
ya ya.. share you digital workflow.. must be cut and paste from somewhere... especially the trees and clouds

Hmm, how come it looked so washed out!?..better tune my monitor.. :think:

Wa, realized my tree stood out too much,will tweak..
The sky is composited from a few images downloaded from the net.

No real workflow, but was fun deciding what type of sky to use, which windows to lit up, and adding a 'town' in the distance..using layers n adjustment layers. Maybe in future then I do a breakdown of sort ok?

Very tempted to add a flag to top of pointed tower,haha.
Any valuable comments on how to make it more real?Thks

I always wonder if you took a photo of a nice blue sky with fluffy clouds, and do an "I"nvert on it... you'll get nice Black-orange glowing skies... try it!

sinlg said:
I always wonder if you took a photo of a nice blue sky with fluffy clouds, and do an "I"nvert on it... you'll get nice Black-orange glowing skies... try it!

Hey, i tried and really liked the result! the black clouds has the potential to look like something from a bomb or volcano!

Below is what I tried and even though I have not done any painting to make it less symmatrical and more realistic, it is already showing some potential!Abomb looking at the moment...

Thks for the tip, will try use it in my next work! Learned something today,thks

Hey there! well, didn't receive suggestions but I continued to work on it and here's the tweaked image.

If anyone has a little time, please kindly offer me some advice,thank you. Smile

Someone gave me a suggestion and it's more noticable in the block on the left.
Think I'm done with this for now.cheers!

Er, think you guys are not interested so tiink I won't post these here in future, my apologies. :) paisay..

Status
Not open for further replies.