Day at the Zoo Tuesday June 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

qit-ta

Apr 16, 2010
Singapore
I'm going to spend the day shooting at the zoo on Tuesday june 22.
I'm hoping other photographers can join me.
I'll plan to be there by 10 am.

I'm a newbie. What lens do you think is suitable for the zoo? Love weekdays as I'm not working now. ;p

From my experience, between 200 to 300 or even 400, if you want up close and personal, especially in the big cats enclosures.

HTH.

And good luck 'hunting'!

Cheers :)

just went there yesterday, better u bring tripod and even at 300mm still not enough to get closeup shoot with monkeys.

wow. looks like 300 or 400 mm lens. don't know if they're available for rental.

Mmm. Going there next tues too :D Hope to seeya there. Will i survive with 50-200 lens? ><

wow. looks like 300 or 400 mm lens. don't know if they're available for rental.

Just them the guys at the lens rental biz a call. Might have it available but going to be a drag carrying such a heavy lens around.

Mmm. Going there next tues too :D Hope to seeya there. Will i survive with 50-200 lens? ><

You can still do, like at the white tigers enclosure, you might not get a close up of the face of the big cat. But generally, you can still do with a focal length of 200mm.

Cheers!

I'm going with my kit lens 55-200mm, it will have to do...
So, Panozone you'll be going? should we arrange to meet? let me know and i'll PM you my number.
Preilx, let me know as well if you want to hook up there.

Lol. Not confirmed yet.Bringing my cousins out so cant really follow yeh. Hope to see you there XD

I apologize for not being to make it. Firstly, I don't have the right lens yet. Secondly, I have to shoot some interior designs for a company. If you plan to do landscape photos, I would gladly join u. I'm still very new to photography and do not own any relatively long lenses yet (not even till 200mm). Hope that your experience in Singapore Zoological Gardens would be a fruitful and enjoyable one. :) Take care.

White_Lion_yawning_border.jpg

This was taken in January this year, at the zoo.
Taken with 300mm.

HTH.

Cheers!

Wooaaaah :< If the 300mm Can take such a picture my 200mm stands no chance D:

Status
Not open for further replies.