Day 2 with my D80 - Mama'a pot of Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyCam

Aug 16, 2006
Sydney
Hi people,

This my 2nd day owning my 1st DSLR, a D80. :lovegrin:

Have been playing around with it and these are the 2 more interesting ones.

Do give recomendations for me to improve...:sweat:

327303638_fd2534b729_b.jpg

327296605_20b4a6cff7_b.jpg

Cheers....
Tom;)

Find that these are the more interesting features of your two shots:

327303638fd2534b729bcy3.jpg

32729660520b4a6cff7bjm6.jpg

Can you focus on one subject instead? Your pics are too cluttered. Yes, I get it that you're trying to show us the good lighting on the leaf in the first pic, so isolate that. Like what cjtune has shown, focusing on one subject is better.

stop shooting for the sake of playing with your new toy. if you want to have good pictures. shoot and do a self critique first. When u are fully satisfied with what u produce then ask for other's to critique it. it'll help u better.

stop shooting for the sake of playing with your new toy. if you want to have good pictures. shoot and do a self critique first. When u are fully satisfied with what u produce then ask for other's to critique it. it'll help u better.

agree... these are just snapshots. won't wanna go into details how to enhance such pics.

Pic 1, its purely a test shot to see a shallow DOF. nothing much.

Pic 2, also another test shot for side focusing.

ctjune did a nice crop to isolate the subject. but 2nd pic is abit tight.

to TS, for critique section, bear in mind rule is 1 pic at a time, 1 time a week.

try to take a single object and post here. we'll try our best to give u a critique.

My comments... for wat its worth.

Pic 1:
1) Background is distracting - The fan seems to grab my attention more than the leaf on the first look.
2) The metal rail is disturbing.
3) Composition has to be improved

Pic 2:
1) Again background is distracting and messy.
2) Shadow cast is disturbing. Due to your head or your lens hood?
3) Composition has to be improved

Lastly, these are nothing more than snapshots that one can tell if this is from a PnS or SLR.

Wah,

Very enlightening. Thank you all for your advice.:thumbsup:

Shall bear in mind what you guys said.

Cheers....;)

aiya, y dun u ask Darren... if he agree then we got a new section...

I tink we shld have a snapshot gallery with pple posting pics to test their newly bought cam...everyone is flooding this sub forum with test shots...:nono: Can we have a subforum of snapshots pls?? :bsmilie:

I tink we shld have a snapshot gallery with pple posting pics to test their newly bought cam...everyone is flooding this sub forum with test shots...:nono: Can we have a subforum of snapshots pls?? :bsmilie:

i mean u pm darren lah... or u make a post in the FAQ section...

Status
Not open for further replies.