Date time not stored in EM5

okkhoy

Sep 7, 2014
Singapore
Hi!

[Newbie Oly user question]

I noticed that the date and time that I set on my camera are not stored. After a couple of days when I switch on the camera, it asks me to set the date and time again.
How to fix this?

Thanks,
Akshay

I have a similar issue, believe it's due to the main battery not having good contact with the contacts in the camera.
Some have tried to fix it by cleaning the contacts on the battery and in the camera.

Did you remove the main battery when in storage? Over a period of time that internal battery will discharged. I suggest you put in a fully charged battery and leave it for a few days. Test it again in a few days. If the date does not hold when you remove the battery, send it for service. The internal may have discharged so low that it cannot be recharged.

It is not advisable to leave the camera without any battery when it's in storage.

Reactions: flikmy
Thanks all!
@Blu-By-U I have stored the camera with a fully charged battery placed inside. At the moment I don't see the issue. But it is not completely solved. Once in between the issue recurred. So had to reset the date-time manually. But after that it has been quite OK.

If you have to set then time & date when you change battery, Please send the camera back to the service center to have that internal battery changed.

If you have to set then time & date when you change battery, Please send the camera back to the service center to have that internal battery changed.
Do you know how much it might cost for a service like this?
Considering that the EM5 is already quite old, spending a few hundred on a service might not be very economical.

Think you can ask them for a quote.

Address:
Olympus Singapore
438B Alexandra Road
Alexandra Technopark BLK B, #03-07/12. Lobby 3
Singapore 119968
For general enquiries, please contact:
Hotline: 1800-6596-787
Calling from overseas: (65) 68335902

Fax No.: 6738 4993

Mondays to Fridays: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturdays : 11:00 am - 2:30 pm