Datamini

9V-Orion Images

Apr 1, 2009
Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
Quite a well-known Singaporean PC manufacturer in the '80s and '90s along with Compro, Digitek, IPC and Ranger. Website still not 404 yet, take a last nostalgia look before its domain lease expires in just over a month's time. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
my 1st computer... 286 costing my dad $4k!!!

Yeah, that time most Singaporeans would rather go for "cheaper" household brands than the big boys such as Compaq, IBM and Packard Bell / NEC.

IIRC, Gateway and Whitebox were in the market also. :bsmilie:

Last edited:

I manage to "save" a 286 CPU and now, sitting with my other CPU, haha!

Just this afternoon while clearing (deeply) some stuff in storeroom, found a receipt for a 386 costing $3.1k!
Cheaper than your 286! *snicker* ;p

I salvaged the CPU chips of my discarded toys.

Just this afternoon while clearing (deeply) some stuff in storeroom, found a receipt for a 386 costing $3.1k!
Cheaper than your 286! *snicker* ;p
'Cos his came with a 512 MB IDE PATA HDD whereas yours is only a 256 MB IDE PATA HDD. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
IIRC the boss Mr Goh was operating an electronic parts shop at 3rd sty at People's Park Centre. I have seen him at that shop.
He caught the wave of PC manufacturing and made it big. His missus drove a Jaguar after they prospered.

I bought a datamini last time and it came with hardware compatibility problems, they warranty was no good at all and wasted a lot of my time.

We brought the 286 from a shop in sim lim and since then, I never have a branded pc. All are diy till the pc which I own. At least I know what is inside and can learn a thing or two on pc stuffs.

haha... :bsmilie: I used to work as a Marcom in that company. 'Festiva' was the name thought up by the Product Manager Ting KW. He had a gathering the previous weekend and thought the name 'Festival' was positive and vibrant. Turn over was quite high. But working for Goh Lik Tuan, the founder, was inspiring. haha... Many learning journey during my time there...

PCs has not been very stable (due to the different suppliers of cards, hard disks etc) but the people there always try their best. Unfortunately, it couldnt beat the big boys in this game. haha.

I thought got Cubic 99 :embrass:

For those who can recall, Creative Technology during their hey days also used to have its own series of Blaster line PC models which was like the local el cheapo equivalent of Ailenware during the dot-com bubble era.

Archived review on Creative Blaster PC.

Creative too expensive during that time. I got a sound card by aztec, sound galaxy, also not bad.

IIRC the boss Mr Goh was operating an electronic parts shop at 3rd sty at People's Park Centre. I have seen him at that shop.
He caught the wave of PC manufacturing and made it big. His missus drove a Jaguar after they prospered.

Was that Goh Electronics? IIRC that was one of the more successful shops there. I was an electronics hobbyist back then, and they used to sells kits as well as parts.

IIRC, my pri school had a couple of datamini PCs. My family went for IPC. Surprised to see them still around but reinvented themselves as a property trading/development co. Logo's still the same. IPC

Looks like its a family business...

Ngiam Mia Je Patrick
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer

Ngiam Mia Kiat Benjamin
Managing Director

Lauw Hui Kian
Executive Director - Finance & Administration

Ngiam Mia Hai Bernard
Executive Director

Ngiam Mia Hong Alfred
Executive Director

Was that Goh Electronics? IIRC that was one of the more successful shops there. I was an electronics hobbyist back then, and they used to sells kits as well as parts.

Yes, you are right.