Not open for further replies.

Edmund

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
Dear all,

Last night (29/08/06) at approximately 11:25pm, ClubSNAP's database had multiple errors that needed to be repaired. We were offline for around 15mins.

Today, it has come to my attention that a couple of popular threads are missing. Trawling through the logs showed that no one has deleted those threads. Some of the threads in question that I am aware of are:
- "Kelvin's favourite wedding pics" thread by iamasaint
- "Colleen" thread by tuck loong
- "Gundam to the highest state of consciousness" (not sure who's the threadstarter)

While we do have a backup of the database before it was fixed, it would take an enormous amount of time and effort to pull out the many posts.

I would suggest that the thread starters repost their threads if continued discussion is desired. Appreciate everyone's understanding of this and sorry for any inconvenience caused. :sweat:

Cheers!
Edmund

jOhO said:
ok are we back on now? :) :thumbsup:

they are back but think last night experience database error again .. :sweat:

hope the server can be more stable .. :(

suggestion : wonder can they limit the access to CS by guest when busy as I as paying customer cant access due to traffic heavy etc etc .. :cry:

KNIGHT ONG said:
they are back but think last night experience database error again .. :sweat:

hope the server can be more stable .. :(

suggestion : wonder can they limit the access to CS by guest when busy as I as paying customer cant access due to traffic heavy etc etc .. :cry:

Sorry to inform you that this wont happen.

1st you are a paying customer because of gallery and webspace .
2nd Seperating the access will make our administration even more tedious to manage.
3rd The current forum software doesnt allow us to do that w/o investing in NEW hardware.

Access by priority sounds so much like that hrm... some forum with some gay deluxe members scheme thingy. I don't surf it everyday, silly of me to pay. Yet everytime I visit the site, see that silly "Deluxe Members blah blah" message. Totally nutz! :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.