data roaming in japan

veuve

Oct 12, 2009
Australia
hi, i will be heading to japan later this month for work and was wondering has anyone here had any experience renting a data card/wifi from PuPuRu? it looks to be the most affordable from what i've researched over the net but if anyone has used internet roaming before in japan and can recommend me a provider it would be much appreciated.

also any recommendations for sim card rental for iphone 4 would be great

cheers

Was in japan last dec, used singtel's unlimited data roaming to find my way around wif iphone. Good thing, its unlimited. Bad thing, e service cost S$20/day.

When I was in Japan I just used Starhub's unlimited data roaming... $15 a day. And Japan 3G/3.5G is DAMN FAST!!!! You'll realize just how ripped off we are in SG.

$20 a day actually sounds pretty good to me, my service provider charges $15/MB and I'm thinking even with compression, each photo will still be 2-3MB and it'll be expensive to send photos.

thanks for the suggestions anyway, but I think I might have to get one of the local data sims there, hopefully everything works smoothly, I'm not good at troubleshooting technical difficulties

$20 a day actually sounds pretty good to me, my service provider charges $15/MB and I'm thinking even with compression, each photo will still be 2-3MB and it'll be expensive to send photos.

thanks for the suggestions anyway, but I think I might have to get one of the local data sims there, hopefully everything works smoothly, I'm not good at troubleshooting technical difficulties

Hi mate, you cant get the local data sims there & just plug it into your phone because you dont have the "alien card"

I suggest you stick to sending data at $20 fix rate a day.

Why not wait till you get back to your room then upload using the hotel's internet connection?

Why not wait till you get back to your room then upload using the hotel's internet connection?

i'm going to be cutting it pretty fine with deadline so banking on filing via shuttersnitch. anyway i've found a provider, global mobility, fingers crossed it all works smoothly