Darwin, NT

stbob

Nov 13, 2006
www.flashbob.com
I'm going to Darwin for a few days in mid july. Is there anywhere I could go to grab some nice photos as well as sightseeing for my wife? I've looked up online, but the tourism info for darwin seems to dwarf incredibly when compared to places like perth and sydney. :(

Any response is appreciated!

Check out the world famous Kakadu national park n Licthfield N.P which isn't far from darwin. It' s definitely better than Perth n Sydney unless u aren't into nature hehe. Check out the Northern Territory tourism website. I'm goin in Sept.

...within darwin, nice to watch the beautiful sunset from the beach,.....and the fish feeding experience (during high tide, fishes from the open sea will come to the shoreline and pple can feed them with bread from their hands...need to pay a small admission fee)

I've been to Licthfield Park, enjoy bathing in the rock pools and exploring the waterfalls while you're there!

Otherwise... Darwin gets pretty boring. :p

Kakadu National Park rocks. I will suggest a two-day trip or more if you can. The drive from Darwin is already a few hours and the park itself is huge.

Try Katherine as well. It should be good from on what I have heard and read but unfortunately I have to give it a miss due to time constraint.

Check out: http://en.travelnt.com/

THank you everyone for your response! Yup i've finally been there and back.

Basically i went to Litchfield to check out some of the nature places like Berry Spring and Florence Falls. Really a place for nature lover. Get to snorkel with the fishes, laze against the mini falls, see lots of trees. Sadly i didnt drive to kakadu coz i only had the car for 2 days and the wifey wanna pack a drive to Casuarina square for her shopping needs in our already short car rental period (2days).

The mindil beach nite market is quite a lively place to go. Grab some snacks and settle on the beach to watch the sunset, lovely~! The mobile oyster bar served really fresh oysters and their baked variations are delish!

I just came back from darwin. Spend 9days there. Travelling from darwin to kakadu down to Katherine to Litchfield. Its great. Anyone planing to go there can pm me for info.

It's a long time since i was in Darwin, but i would recommend (as most did before) Litchfield National park (Waterfalls), Katherine Gorge (Can go up the river by canoe/speed boat and/or make some walks arround) and of course Kakadu National park (JimJim Falls, Aboriginal Paintings, Crocodiles and bird viewing etc..). Maybe you can visit Edith Falls (Small lake with some waterfalls) on the way as well. As i know currently is dry season so the water could be lesser. The main attraction in the north is the nature. Darwin itself is a relative quiet place. Visit the tourist website of the Northern Territories (en.travelnt.com). That will give you a good idea what to expect and what to look for.
Enjoy your trip.