[Darnikon] A Photo A Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarNikon

Nov 8, 2005
Rivervale
Hi all,

Here's me starting up a photo a week again. Hope to keep to the deal and motivate myself to shoot more often.

Here's my first contribution - tried something new - learnt it from a Magazine. Hope you like it.

Esplanade-in-B_W.jpg

31 Oct 2007

Here's another one - talk about being tensed up ;)

All-Tensed-Up.jpg

4 Nov 2007
cheers

hi and welcome to the APAD project

do read up on the posting guidelines (sticky)

but basically 2 things
you are only allowed to post 1 image a day
and you must include the date of posting with your image post

hope to see more from you.

Here's another one - talk about being tensed up ;)

4 Nov 2007
cheers

a common problem with using flash i think (the foreground area of the photo is very bright and the middleground less bright due to flash unit).. am still looking for solutions.. any idea how to work around that? =)

a common problem with using flash i think (the foreground area of the photo is very bright and the middleground less bright due to flash unit).. am still looking for solutions.. any idea how to work around that? =)

take the flash unit off the camera and position it to the side
use the flash with slow sync, the shutter speed to get the background exposure
(used with a tripod)

but i no slave flash.. =(

lol.. thanks for the advise though.. back to the threadstarter!

if you have a piece of paper or some tissue paper to diffuse the flash light? not sure whether this is the best way... but would be able to get a softer light and shadow...

Thanks guys. Yes, I felt that bg was too bright too - even with a diffuser. Hmm... I'll try what ortega suggested. Thanks.

cheers

Here's one taken at Punggol's end. The original picture did not quite excite me. So I played around with the good 'ole PS and tried out the Artist effect :). Hope you like it.

Artistry-at-Punggol.jpg

7 Nov 2007

Here's one taken at Punggol's end. The original picture did not quite excite me. So I played around with the good 'ole PS and tried out the Artist effect :). Hope you like it.

7 Nov 2007

Wow, this punggol end looks nice. Is there any directions to get to this spot? :sweat:

Wow, this punggol end looks nice. Is there any directions to get to this spot? :sweat:

Just go all the way to the end - where the road ends. Then you walk to the left of the Police Post. You should see it :)

Another one taken at Singapore Expo. It was a bright afternoon and the greenish tint of the water looked inviting. Tried another angle - tilted the cam and shot this from the bridge.

Hope you like it.;)

WaterEdge.jpg

30th Nov 2007

Saw this one at Takashimaya - thought the colours were interesting and really set the mood for Christmas :))

Hope you like it.

15 Dec 2007
Teddy-Bear-Christmas.jpg

Hi all,

Caught this guy doin' his stuff again. This time he was kind enuf to pose for me :))

18 Dec 2007
All-Tensed-Up-2.jpg

cheers

Caught sight of this tree on the horizon - thought that the composition was interesting - would have been better with a polariser but did not have one on hand.

Hope your like it :))

Dec 2007
Tree-Horizon.jpg

cheers

Here's a shot taken of my favourite place in Singapore - where there is still some 'real' nature left.

This is the Punggol I will miss - it is steadily disappearing - very, very sad indeed :( - The price of development.

23 Dec 2007
Missing-Punggol.jpg

cheers

Caught this Cat on Alert when I was providing it its Christmas Meal.

25 Dec 2007
Cat-Alert.jpg

A Very Merry Christmas to all Csers :)
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.