Darkroom rental

Riotbmx

Feb 16, 2012
Chinapore
5iftysf.tumblr.com
I guys, hope it's ok to put this up here. I'm planning to put up my own studio space, I will be having a darkroom there as well. I should be able to fit 2-3 enlargers in that room and I intend to have it available for rental as it's really a shame to see so many people shooting film but too little prints made. Location will be in Yishun, near the format Yishun ITE. I made my first print with the help of Losheng at Analog Film Lab, and I really appreciate their effort doing the things they do. I hope I can contribute to the scene by providing an additional space. Let me know what you guys think

I would be interested! I have almost zero experience in the darkroom, just attended a 6 day course. Would appreciate some handholding though.

I would be happy to rent a darkroom, its pretty hard to setup a space at home without my parents and siblings making noise

Not to mention safra is in a pretty obscure location for those of us who actually is a member

I would be glad to rent also. It will another option for me as I am regular at SAFRA Mount Faber darkroom... I use dark room very intensively so it is better for more location and options...

Nice... Are u planning to conduct classes as well? I'm sure many of us are willing to pay to learn traditional printing...

Sorry for the late reply, I've been working hard on this project. Location will be in Yishun. It might be far for some, but "far" will really depends on where you are coming from and this is the best location so far. It 4 bus stops away from Yishun MRT and the building is right opp the bus stop.

I'm planning to have 4 enlargers inside, but I'm short of a 4x5" enlarger. The darkroom will be designed by one of the most reputable traditional photographer in SG, so we should be able to get a good workflow inside.

And yes, I will be conducting workshops in the premises. Anything from teaching kids to make a simple camera obscura to film developing/darkroom printing and alternative processes for seasoned photographers.

I will keep you guys updated. Please let me know if anyone of you have leads to a 2nd hand 4x5" enlarger. Thanks!

i can't wait!!Let me know when it ready!! i sure support and it near my house too

Oh yes, I am definitely looking forward to your darkroom workshops and also renting a darkroom in future.

I have no darkroom experience, but have been shooting film for close to a decade. Every roll I shoot goes to the developer! Haha! :bsmilie:

hi i have a 4x5 enlarger that u can use too
sms me if you need 96886133 barnabas

I have an old Omega Pro-Lab 4x5 Enlarger.
It's been in storage so not that sure about condition. Will assess again this weekend.
Interested?

Melvin

Hi!

Me and my friends are looking for a darkroom to rent during our holiday period :)

May I ask if your darkroom has officially opened?

Thanks!

Hi,
I have a darkroom for rental to experienced B&W printers only. can enlarge to 20x24" print..enlargers include De Vere 5108 and Leica IIc all with Heiland Splitgrade and Variable Contrast head. No guidance provided except how to handle the Heiland Splitgrade Controller .. Set up meant for professionals and advance amateurs. Has dryers for prints up to 20x24". Location Yio Chu Kang, Singapore.