Darkroom printing techniques

Riotbmx

Feb 16, 2012
Chinapore
5iftysf.tumblr.com
Most of the recent discussion have been about development of negatives/positives and scanning so I thought we should start a thread about traditional darkroom wet prints.

I'm a total noob on this so old bird please.....

Its something to talk about when doing regularly not talked about without doing.

Nikkornos said:
Its something to talk about when doing regularly not talked about without doing.

Am doing.....

FD2BB60B-90F4-4ACC-AB87-4199FD351198-6375-00000640CC2736CD.jpg

F6BF23C1-28A3-4F33-9C02-317C15D3FB66-6375-0000064070AC33AB.jpg

How much is the projecting machine on the RHS of the picture? Where could I get it?

How much is the projecting machine on the RHS of the picture? Where could I get it?

tat is an enlarger. Most ppl buy it used from the Buy/Sell sections these days.
If you do not want to maintain a darkroom at home, then best is to join SAFRA monochrome / darkroom course at their Mt Faber clubhse. Therefore you can continue to use their facilities and chemicals for free provided yr club membership remains valid.

Nice kit!

Apparently it's notes for dodging and burning. The final product

And some people still condemning the use of PhotoShop as a sin :bsmilie:

hanzohattori said:
And some people still condemning the use of PhotoShop as a sin :bsmilie:

In my book dodging and burning digitally is fine because you still preserve the actual image, other than that... Well it's just me

Apparently it's notes for dodging and burning. The final product

4493b3a8a4d24_s.jpg

yes of course i know it is dodging and burning, but i mean when i read it, i got no idea where and how long those 2 take place

sfoto100 said:
yes of course i know it is dodging and burning, but i mean when i read it, i got no idea where and how long those 2 take place

Haha don't worry, nobody would understand the notes you write either. I look back at the notes I wrote during lecture last time and I myself don't understand what I write also

Haha don't worry, nobody would understand the notes you write either. I look back at the notes I wrote during lecture last time and I myself don't understand what I write also

hmm.. but the Michael Kenna disciple seems to expect others to understand leh.. so i thought there is some kind of standards.. haha...

dying to try d n b soon..

omg this is so cool. I'm thinking of getting an enlarger for myself too, currently developing my prints using my school's facilities lolol. What's the estimate price at which you got yours for?

omg this is so cool. I'm thinking of getting an enlarger for myself too, currently developing my prints using my school's facilities lolol. What's the estimate price at which you got yours for?

no price one.. bcos almost cannot get.. unless brand new.

u wan what size one?

Just wondering, would it be advisable to just get a BW enlarger?
If im just doing BWs then i don't really need to meddle with the CMY.
Just doing split filters abit of D&B .

mmm but then again.. is price diff huge between BW and color enlarger?