Dark spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah_K

Aug 3, 2002
Singapore
www.enchantingkairos.com
http://community.webshots.com/album/86901135jkKRfd/2
Please navigate to the last photo in the Landscape section showing Marina Square

Can someone pls let me know why there is the black mark and the weird streak which does not seem to be lens flare. It is not evident at all most of the time (or at least I cannot see it) but very evident during longer exposures. Is there something wrong with my cam? :dunno:

Take another picture of a white wall.

Put it on your computer, enhance with auto level.

If spot appears on the same spot, most probably your sensor is dusty.

Ah_K said:
http://community.webshots.com/album/86901135jkKRfd/2
Please navigate to the last photo in the Landscape section showing Marina Square

Can someone pls let me know why there is the black mark and the weird streak which does not seem to be lens flare. It is not evident at all most of the time (or at least I cannot see it) but very evident during longer exposures. Is there something wrong with my cam? :dunno:

Look very much like a speck of dirt or something on your CCD or CMOS sensor. To double confirm do as Andy_Ang adviced. Be sure to not just shoot at a white boad so you can isolate the dirt(s) Adjust your apeture at it's widest like f3.5 or f2.8..etc and at the f22. This is because sometime it might not show up in one picture but then it does in another. This because the dirt is not sitting on the sensor surface itself but on the thin layer that is on top of the sensor. It is a colour filter thingy. So depending on the fstop you shot the marina sq picture, it managed to show you that dark spot. But if you use something like f3.5 or 2.8..etc the shallow depht of field will blur it so much you will not notice it.

If it is a P&S camera...definitely send it in to then clean it off. If you are comfortable with DSLRs you might still want to send it to your dealer to get it clean. Only do it yourself if you are prepare to take some risk doing it.(not for the faint of hearts heh.) Best to sent it in. Welcome to the world of digital photography, this problem will always be around. :)

Well I tried to clean the sensor using blower only.. and the spot is gone... now it appear at another spot!! LoL:bsmilie:
Well now I am at least much more relieved ... nowing that it is nothing more than a speck...
thanks alot bros for the helpful tips
you guys are :thumbsup:

Ah_K said:
Well I tried to clean the sensor using blower only.. and the spot is gone... now it appear at another spot!! LoL:bsmilie:
Well now I am at least much more relieved ... nowing that it is nothing more than a speck...
thanks alot bros for the helpful tips
you guys are :thumbsup:

Well at least you know it is a speck of dust and not a UFO! heheheheh...

hmmm... it wouldn't be that bad if really is a UFO right...
I can make quite a bit out of the photo den:gbounce:

ever tried using vaccum cleaner ? It works but need technique though...

Ah_K said:
:bigeyes: ... are u serious vacuum?
How do you actually do it?

Serious , tried and tested by Sjourn and me , but tried it at your own risk hor ...
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.