dark spot with D700 - camera defect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marktsieh

Dec 15, 2010
getting this dark spot with my d700 at narrow apertures, with different lenses. what could be wrong with the camera? appreciate any advice / recommendation..

RTP_1819circledsmall.jpg

RTP_1827cricledsmall.jpg

Last edited:
Dust. Pretty common. Try using sensor cleaning function in the camera

thats dust on your camera, either blow it off with a blower or send in to service centre to have them cleaned for you.

Nikon shld do more with its QC.

May i know what does this topic gotta do with its QC?

Hi luna, having a spot at wide aperture is uncommon. I can only postulate the sensor or the pixel is faulty. I'm going to assume that this is a new cam n that its most prob a manufacturing fault.

most likely one huge speck of dust sitting on the sensor that's why you can see it even at large aperture

Anuar, its not possible for a large spot of dust to appear like this on wide apertures. I think TS should clarify if he had mis-info everyine on the circumstances leading to this spot so that in future, no one reference off this thread n learn the wrong thing.

From his EXIF data:

# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/400 second ===> 0.0025 second
# Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 22/1 ===> ƒ/22
# Exposure Program = manual control (1)

This is one of those times that 2 wrongs makes a right. Haha... =)

Can see more at the same spot...like cheesecake mentioned...i'll just get the sensor cleaned if it's my camera...

TS is pretty misleading to say he/she shot these at wider apertures when the exif data shows f/22.. seems like he/she dunno the basics well enuf yet :sweat:

TS, try blowing the sensor first. there's this function in ur menu "Clean sensor manually" whereby the mirror will lock up and the shutter curtain opens, revealing the sensor. mount it on the tripod first, make it point downwards and blow the sensor with a blower. if the spots still appear at f/22 then bring it down to NSC n get it cleaned.

thanks guys.. tried using a blower and the sensor cleaning function. the spot's still there. looks like a trip to the svc centre

Same for me.
My dust speck shows up even at f/1.8.. :/

It gets darker and darker as I bring my aperture up to 11 or 16.

Blowing doesn't work, "clean image sensor" doesn't work. Roar, so troublesome to have to use PS to clone the spots out.

Get a trained technician to clean your sensor. You may scratch your sensor if you clean it yourself.

Maybe I'll bring it to J316 to get them to help, since their service's so good, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.