Dark Spot when looking through the viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb24

Jul 2, 2009
Hi,

was just wondering how to remove dark spot?

I have this dark spot when i look thru the viewfinder when im facing a light coloured background (e.g sky).

But when i take any photo, it does not show on the image.

Thanks.

Most likely crud on the mirror which flips up when capturing an image. If after cleaning the mirror the spot is still present then it could be on focusing screen and in that case I would recommend taking the body for cleaning to the appropriate service center.

hmm.. crud on the mirror? sounds like something difficult to clean..

So i can just use the bulb blower to try blowing it out?

it might be dust on the focusing mirror. i kana before, then use blower to blow blow. :)

Bulb blower to start with. If still evident use a recognised technique for your make/model but if u r not confident doing it then get it done by service center.
Crud = foreign object anything not supposed to be there. If you remove then lens and look at the mirror under daylight do you see anything? Dust, pollen, lint, fingerprint etc?

Geez.. ok.. i will try to blow as much as possible.

Thanks.

I will go back and check tonight.. not sure whether could it b on my focusing screen. Maybe if im nt confident i will just send it to CSC to get it cleaned.

Some dirt on the focusing screen is not so easy to remove just by blowing. My advise to to try to use a blower to blow first and if it doesn't help, send it to the service centre to clean cos manually cleaning it may scratch the focusing screen.

If the spot doesn't shows up on the pic..it could be the viewfinder also..

Hey guys.. i managed to 'Blow' the crud out.. haha thanks for the advice.. i til it upside down, and i jus blow on the focusing screen where i thought the crud might be...

Thanks!!

Hey guys.. i managed to 'Blow' the crud out.. haha thanks for the advice.. i til it upside down, and i jus blow on the focusing screen where i thought the crud might be...

Thanks!!

same problem as me then. ;)

You can also use a q-tip... or your finger or anything else you can jam up there...
Cameras aren't so fragile...

If the blower works for you though, keep doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.