Dare to be different

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhamster

Dec 22, 2007
Hello clubsnappers!
This is my first post here! I have just gotten my nikon d40 and I was playing with it since I have been having insomnia. I was drinking my coke and reading some stuff about composition when I came across this interesting concept of breaking a pattern.

I am not sure if anyone tried it before but I took out all e coke I have in my house and composed the following image :

Dare to be different

2138145959_0a58f6c444_b.jpg

I am still new to photography so while i hope that you guys could go easier on me, I would like to hear true and honest comments too. Yea, I know sometimes the truth hurts, but I cant take it ;p

this is something new to me,yet somehow,i think i've seen this before,really interesting,IMHO,i'd prefer having more coke cans and one open somewhere inconspicuous

Interesting shot to say the least...

However the focusing is off.

Good try ! Keep shooting and experimenting, take note of that focusing that time tho ;)

I would saturate the reds and yellows a bit more.
Title could be: "Among virgins"... ;p

spidey89
hahahah I only have this much coke at home and it is 2 in e morning, but I guess you are right, if there are more cokes the image would look better.

goldbird
ok i will take note of the focusing the next time.

cjtune
ur suggestion of title is wacky! Haha, I tried to leave my image as original as possible with the least amount of pp done. But i did saturate my color a bit. :p will take note

Nice idea. I was thinking could it be a pepsi in the middle of cokes... :bsmilie: Might wan to try that too:sweat:

.........I was drinking my coke and reading some stuff about composition when I came across this interesting concept of breaking a pattern...............

You know what will be a class "A" composition?

Instead of a coke with a open flab.
you could have inserted a PePsi (with a twist)
and the flab opened at 90 degrees to the surface...........

best if the pepsi has some foam around the brim.....

"sells a PePsi above Coke concept"
and really really breaks a pattern... ;)

do take note of your focusing....seems to be oof....to me

good work. good application of what you read.

but for such still life to work u need to be very precise: in the focus as mentioned, and also in the composition or arrangement of the elements, eg perfect alignment of the tabs, and then the stray specks of coke on the opened can makes it untidy, and dirty, and destroy any sense of deliberateness in the composition.

As for the focus if you have live view in your cam this is when it is needed most, or else u have to aim and offset and do focus and/or aperture bracketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.