Dancing with Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently took this picture at Yakult Park (I think) in the Singapore Flyer vicinity. There was a dance performance and fortunately I had my camera along for that day.

Anyway, I find this as an OK picture (maybe my standard is abit low as I'm a beginner), but I'm looking for ways that I should have done to maybe drasticly improve this picture, in the sense on how this photo can connect to the viewers. Maybe you guys can give me some tips on how I can capture this kind moment better and please do C&C on the composition, the saturation, does the fact there are two dancers makes the picture works and all others that you think I can improve on.

Lastly, the signboard and the little flame at the middle shuld not be there, but the subjects are constantly moving so let's just say I can't multitask that well. LOL

P1010002.jpg

doesn't work for me. it be better if you just focus on the main subject. try using a slower shutter speed to emphasize movement on the hands to show she is dancing. Note the crop on the other arm, will show a better mood if the pic is taken at night in my opinion.

Dun think can improvise anymore under daylight conditions except using pp to switch the bg to a darker one to make it a better pic but if did that most probably the dance face will be underexpose a bit but at least the photo is usable :)

1) inclusion of signboard is an eyesore

2) the two dancers, one is on far right, one is on far left, so you end up with 五马分尸 composition.. the dancer on the right drags my eye to the right, the dancer of my left suddenly drags it to the left, in the end i get a very ripped apart feeling because i don't know which to look at first, so i give up looking.

3) note that 1 and 2 can be easily rectified by moving to the right of where you were. this will firstly, exclude the signboard, and secondly, use perspective to "bring the two dancers closer" and less "drawn apart". this will help in composition.

4) then again, with this distance and whatever lens you have, the background is still too cluttered. personally i would simply focus on one dancer, go closer if possible. because the idea while possible to work, is not easy to achieve.

You can also use flash to highlight the subject. The background will turn out darker and the effect will be better!

Status
Not open for further replies.