Dancer in Motion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

scud

Jul 28, 2003
Singapore
www.fotolightbox.com
ok, now is my turn to put my photo up here for yr critiques.

this photo was taken during SSF05, settings as stated on the orig photo.
in post processed version, i saturated and did a tighter crop mainly to focus on the dancer.

my purpose was to capture the motion effect of the dancer while he was performing
and the ambient lighting as well (but it was overblown in the background). 2nd curtain was used to
freeze the motion just before the shutter closes.

what do u guys think? does this achieve the objective?
does the shutter speed to slow?
thanks.

Orig photo.
IMG_9394Origweb.jpg

PSed.
IMG_9394editedwebbie.jpg

Hi Scud,

I like the technique, but the background is too cluttered for my liking. But considerinf that you took it during the SSF05, there is nothing much you can do about it.

i think that you are right the shutter speed is too slow
the movement of the dancer cannot be seen, so to me it doen not meet the objective,
maybe by under exposing the ambient light the dance will then be main focus instead of fighting with the bg.

thanks guys for the inputs.
a faster shutter speed will definately reduce the motion effect.

scud said:
thanks guys for the inputs.
a faster shutter speed will definately reduce the motion effect.

You could try upping the iso or shooting in a brighter ambient lit area. It looks messy with a lot of unneed clutter. I think you could need more motion blur capture - it looks like a ghost materialising and not a dancer.

ellery said:
I think you could need more motion blur capture - it looks like a ghost materialising and not a dancer.

ermm... can u elaborate more? i cant get the msg behind it.
if need to capture more motion blur, isnt slower s.speed is essential?
but if s.speed is too slow, u will get something like what u say 'like a ghost materialising and not a dancer' which i totally agree. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.