Dance Me Through The Dark, A Photographic Exhibition Of Dance Portraits By Tan Ngiap

Status
Not open for further replies.

phish

Jan 17, 2008
Re-inspired by his love for dance, Tan Ngiap Heng redirects his lens to capture what he knows best, encapsulating the essence of dance and dancers in his portraits.

Dance Me Through the Dark is an exhibition of photographic dance portraits of dancers from the Singapore Dance Theatre (SDT) by Singaporean photographer Tan Ngiap Heng. The exhibition is curated by Venka Purushothaman, Dean of Performing Arts at Lasalle College of the Arts. It will be on at the Arts House from 13 to 18 February 2008 and is presented in conjunction with the Singapore Dance Theatre’s 20th anniversary celebrations in 2008. Presenting over a 100 colour and black and white images in the form of photographic prints and projections, the exhibition is a retrospective of sorts of Tan’s photographic work in dance.

Dance Me Through the Dark is on at the Arts House from 13 to 18 February 2008. Opening hours are Monday to Sunday from 10am to 8.30pm. Admission to the exhibition is free. Dance Me Through The Dark is supported by the National Arts Council and the Arts Fund.

Visit the website: www.dancemethroughthedark.com

For more information please contact:

Phish Communications
Tel: 6344 2953
Email: info@phish-comms.com

Status
Not open for further replies.