DA40XS Tested on Film (MZ-S + DA40XS on Kodak Gold 200)

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Tested the new DA40XS lens on film camera last Sat just to see if the lens works okay on FF film camera. Thanks to Felix for lending me his beautiful silver MZ-S to test out the lens.

Here is the setup:

MZS_40XS_1.jpg

MZS_40XS_2.jpg

I finished the whole roll in one hour around my place, all are just quick snaps. And it's after 6pm just around the time when the Sun was going down. Sky was pretty doll too, so please don't judge too much on the photo quality. I just wanted to test if the lens had any problem working on FF film cameras.

Had a busy week, only got chance to get the film back this afternoon. Well, here is the whole roll, 36.8 shots (the last shot got a black bar on the right 'cause film finished already):

DA40XS_Film_Thumbnails.jpg

Looking at the scanned results, I'd say the lens works pretty well on FF film camera :)

I'd post all the 36.8 shots below, no cropping or vignetting adjustment on any photo, except some level and saturation adjustment (the scanned results are way too saturated :()

Last edited:
These two are the first two snaps from our window, first one was shot at F8, the second was wide open at F2.8, you can see there is just a little bit vignetting on the wide open photo, not very obvious at all:

89120001_s.jpg

89120002_s.jpg

Met our fellow Pentaxians down below my place:

89120003_s.jpg

89120004_s.jpg

Last edited:
89120035_s.jpg

89120036_s.jpg

Thanks to our Penatx friends who took the short walk with me, and sorry for the funny color, can't help from my side :(
89120037_s.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the work, FengWei!

very nice, Feng Wei!

of my god, then the DAL 35 f2.4 got competition on the full frame film camera. definitely the thinnest full frame lens to date.

Nice work FW. Thanks for the effort. And nice photos- I haven't seen that part of SG before.

I'm also constantly surprised by how some of us like FW have the eye to take nicely composed photos of the same things I'd just walk by and consider not to have any photo op. :)