DA31mm F1.8 AL limited and Tele-converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart5302

Mar 9, 2009
Singapore
Hi. I just off-loaded my Canon gear and am looking towards the K-7 as a lighter alternative set. Was at MS last weekend to check on the FA31 limited, and was informed that this is now DA31 instead of FA. Was even shown the price list where it is shown as DA instead of FA.

Is the FA31 been upgraded to DA31? Or was it just a typo? I could not find more information from the web.

Is there any tele-converter (1.4x or 2x) for use with the DA*200mm F2.8 SDM?

Thanks for your attention, and this is a great forum ;)

you can't find more information about da 31 it doesn't seem to exist

but there is still tons of search results for fa 31 limited.. so my guess is it is a typo. fengwei might know the answer to this better, if there is a conversion, that is.

Welcome to Pentax family :) K-7 is a great camera, FA31 and DA*200 are some of the best lenses ever made by Pentax.

As far as I know, there is no DA31 but still FA31. Whoever told you it's DA31 now is misleading. All the FA limited production lines have been shifted to Vietnam now, so the new batch might be ASSEMBLED in Vietnam, but there might be some old stock left from JP made ones, and they are still called FA31.

Yes, there are some tele conveters to be used along with DA*200/2.8 SDM. Pentax only got one AF converter, the F 1.7x TC, which is discontinued but still available on the second hand market for around $300 to 400USD. There are many MF ones from Pentax or third party manufacturers. The known to support SDM ones are some third party ones, e.g. Tamron 1.4x AF TC or Kenko 1.5x AF DG TC. They are available new or used for around $150usd nowadays.

Good luck and enjoy your stay here :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the Pentax family & lots of gems is waiting for you..:devil:..cheers!;)

As far as I know, there is no DA31 but still FA31. Whoever told you it's DA31 now is misleading.

There you have it!
If Frank says there's no DA31, there's no DA31... :cool:

The FA 31mm is nice and fast, but we have to give fengwei the CSI award for sniffing out this treasure... and it has a larger maximum aperture than the FA 31mm... :thumbsup:

A broken MX w/ a mysterious lens...

Sorry for my reaction but DA31 is a joke!

DA31mm existancy is Make in MSCOLOUR only .. never heard of this length for this len called DA31...

Did you asked for the price.

Ya, the price was the same as the FA31mm. So I asked him to show me the price list, and it was stated there as "DA31mm..". So I thought it was for real, thinking maybe Pentax has started converting the FAs to DAs.

Well, thanks for all your replies, I will probably go for the FA and join you all when I have the opportunity.

Great talking to you guys and gals.

Ya, the price was the same as the FA31mm. So I asked him to show me the price list, and it was stated there as "DA31mm..". So I thought it was for real, thinking maybe Pentax has started converting the FAs to DAs.

Well, thanks for all your replies, I will probably go for the FA and join you all when I have the opportunity.

And don't forget to join our monthly outing :)
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555978

Go for it. It's probably the most exquisite and well-crafted lens in Pentax's current line-up. I always feel very "gan dong" (touched) when I hold it.

i think you should ask them to take out a DA31 to show you.. if it's for real you can be the first ever to own one :eek:

welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.