DA31mm F1.8 AL limited and Tele-converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBB :devil:... they are only getting more expensive.... and no longer made in Japan... best if the current batch is still MIJ...

compare to 35mm L, its a bargain... hee hee
I wonder if it will be possible to get the MIJs from Japan in the future? Will the Japs stock them for their local market?

Hi,

Can anyone advise me where to get Pentax FA31mm F1.8AL limited edition lens ?
I saw someone wrote MIJ ? I am pretty new to this website....so appreciate if someone can advise.
Drop me an email at jfille@hotmail.com.

Also, may i know where are the more reliable shops for getting good camera ?

Kindly advise.
Thanks !
Jen

Dnaxe,

Thanks ! The link has been very helpful.
I called up all the shops in the link.
All of them are either out of stock or they don't carry this len.
They have to place order with the distributer.

I'll have to go down to simlim to check out the shops.
I am getting this pentax len and Canon 5D Mark II for different purpose.

Again, thank you.

Rdgs
Jen

Cool. Hope you find it.

Careful not to be cheated, lens comes with a cap/integrated hood (I think)/bag, 1 year warranty. It should come with an "emjay" sticker (although this is not mandatory).

You shouldn't be paying more than listed in the pricelist.

Dnaxe,

Thanks ! The link has been very helpful.
I called up all the shops in the link.
All of them are either out of stock or they don't carry this len.
They have to place order with the distributer.

I'll have to go down to simlim to check out the shops.
I am getting this pentax len and Canon 5D Mark II for different purpose.

Again, thank you.

Rdgs
Jen

have to modified the mount in order to use on 5D without damaging the mirror....

All the FA limited production lines have been shifted to Vietnam now, so the new batch might be ASSEMBLED in Vietnam, but there might be some old stock left from JP made ones, and they are still called FA31.

Are there any indications to distinguish the MIJ ones from the assembled in VN ones? I know currently, the FA31mm has "Made in Japan" in white letters on the barrel, as with other FA Limiteds.

Have checked B&H website - FA 31mm Ltd used to have "Made in Japan" stated in their description (as of last week), not anymore today. FA 43mm and 77mm still has that description.

Are there any indications to distinguish the MIJ ones from the assembled in VN ones? I know currently, the FA31mm has "Made in Japan" in white letters on the barrel, as with other FA Limiteds.

Have checked B&H website - FA 31mm Ltd used to have "Made in Japan" stated in their description (as of last week), not anymore today. FA 43mm and 77mm still has that description.

I don't know. I think you can see 'Assembled in Vietnam' on the box if it's really assembled in Vietnam, like this one:

3661700676_f416eb7c6f_o.jpg

They are only assembled in Vietnam. I believe their lenses parts are still made in Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.