DA14 or DA12-24?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danst

Feb 3, 2005
Singapore
Hi all,

I am looking for a wide angle lens either DA14 or DA12-24 for landscape/scenery photography. Which one do you think is better and why? Appreciate your input and opinion.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan

danst said:
Hi all,

I am looking for a wide angle lens either DA14 or DA12-24 for landscape/scenery photography. Which one do you think is better and why? Appreciate your input and opinion.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan

i've tested the 14mm and the 10-17... 14mm feels very solid.. heavy too i think.. not sure about the 12-24.. but the 10-17 seem good too... light but compact....

Hi Tiong78,

How much you paid for DA14? What type of filter you use for this lens? Ultra thin one or normal one?

I am thinking of getting one of these lenses for my coming Europe trip. Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan

tiong78 said:
why not go down n test them out? i got the 14. it feels pretty good and have a metal body.

danst said:
Hi all,

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan

Hi Dan,

I've seen and tested both lenses, both felt quite good, and both have 77mm front thread. I haven't heard of any problem about using a normal filter on either one. The DA14 does feel better, but the 12-24 feels very good too, better if not the same as the 16-45.

For a travel lens, I'd say the 12-24 is a better buy. You'd need the zoom for the versatility and the extra 2mm comes in handy when needed, and believe me, when you are in EU, you want a lens as wide as possible.

Sometimes you want a longer lens too when shooting at those beautiful buildings, so don't forget to bring along your 24-90 :)

If decide to buy the 12-24 from abroad, you'd better do it quick. Just in case you can't get it before the big day comes :D

Good luck and happy shooting.

danst said:
Hi Tiong78,

How much you paid for DA14? What type of filter you use for this lens? Ultra thin one or normal one?

I am thinking of getting one of these lenses for my coming Europe trip. Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan

it was a steal at 700.:bsmilie:
u probably need to fork out 880 at the shops like CP n AP.
its a normal B+W filter i suppose.
12-24 is probably more versatile. but btw the 2, i would stil go for a 14mm. 10-17 probably got too much distortion for my taste. And the 14mm can focus up to 4cm.

It is really a good steal.

Anyway, I have decided to purchase DA12-24 from from Japan online map camera .

Really appreciate for all of your input.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan
fengwei said:
I wish I've got it before you did :(

tiong78 said:
it was a steal at 700.:bsmilie:
u probably need to fork out 880 at the shops like CP n AP.

yeah, CP quoted 890.

in singapore where can i get this lense, and how much is cost? pls indicate the location and the phone number, thank u very much. urgent, pls help, help.

Status
Not open for further replies.