DA12-24 filter usage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireemblem

Nov 15, 2008
Kiasu Nation
Hmm I am thinking of buying the 12-24 but at such wide angle, i am wondering if a cokin p style filter holder will cause any vignetting. (either using the 1 filter slim holder or normal holder)

Anyone here has experience with this?

hmm also at 12-24 is a CPL usable at 12 mm as i read that at ultra wide angle, CPL will give uneven polarization. I mean such UWA is good for landscape but if using essential GND and CPL filter is unsuitable then maybe i should consider the da 21 limited instead.

hmm anyone?

Hmm I am thinking of buying the 12-24 but at such wide angle, i am wondering if a cokin p style filter holder will cause any vignetting. (either using the 1 filter slim holder or normal holder)

Anyone here has experience with this?

hmm also at 12-24 is a CPL usable at 12 mm as i read that at ultra wide angle, CPL will give uneven polarization. I mean such UWA is good for landscape but if using essential GND and CPL filter is unsuitable then maybe i should consider the da 21 limited instead.

hmm anyone?

Just recieved the slim filter holder (1 slot) 3 days back to replace the normal filter holder
(3slots) as the normal filter holder causes vignette on the DA 12-24mm when using focal length at around 12-16mm. Beyond 16mm, the normal filter does fine.

Did a few test shot with the silm filter holder, slight vignette at 12mm and beyond that its totally fine. As for the unven polarization using CPL at 12mm, I'm not too sure about that. Maybe you should consider DA 15mm limited which is much wider than the Da 21 limited that you're considering. :)

what uv filter do you guys use with DA12-24? am thinking of B+W UV-Haze 010 MRC XS-Pro....

what uv filter do you guys use with DA12-24? am thinking of B+W UV-Haze 010 MRC XS-Pro....

i'm using hoya pro1D protector. whichever brand filter u choose make sure it has "pro" in the name :bsmilie:

lol. does this hoya cause vignetting at 12mm?

not that i noticed, it's supposed to have a thin rim to avoid vignetting. in my recent night shoot i took the chance to test if it caused any flare but it didn't.

Hoya HD for me. Filter glass is hard tempered so I don't worry if I bump into something plus it is very easy to clean. Slim profile. Have the UV and Cir-Pol versions and I personally think they are very good.
No problems with polarizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.