Status
Not open for further replies.

etegration

Oct 14, 2003
http://360.itcow.com
360.itcow.com
See pic below.

xtprotector.jpg

the LCD showing apeture/ shutter seems to be covered as it looks whiteish, how this thing work huh?

My friend used this protector for his 350D... if i not wrong ... should be the same.

The protector is a quite a thick piece (abt 2 or 3 mm) of arcylic plastic which acts like a real big screen protector as it cover over the whole lcd area(even the edges).

It is clear transparent.

Pasting it onto the lcd screen maybe a chore at the start, but it works very well.
I would recommend it. :thumbsup:

But it will slightly cover the words of the canon on the lcd screen.

sryz i dont have a pic to advise more... maybe a kind Cser can help.

Hope my advise is helpful. If anything is wrong... someone pls correct me.

Thank you

Speaking from POV after doing 12 MOs of da Products ....

It's a 2mm thick laser cut clear acrylic that protects the screen from knocks and scratches. Film protectors only prevent scratches.

The da Protector also doesn't fall off like those found on Nikon DSLRs, I've seen a D2X user drop his, heard of D70 users losing theirs (never encountered myself...).

Best thing is that it doesn't obstruct the view of the LCD.

I understand that it uses this thing called a perma-stick to attach it to the camera. My concern is, is it removable? If yes, will it leave marks on the LCD screen/body after that?

Would like to hear from those who are using this.

Thanks!

Why do you want to remove it after affixing it on?

If you read the website, you'll find that it does mention that if you want to remove it, you can use a piece of dental floss and it'll come off easily.

I really don't know if I will want/need to remove it after affixing. But just in case, for whatever reason (damaged, wear and tear, don't like it, got new screen protector, etc) that I need to remove it, just want to make sure it can be done easily.

I read the online installation manual but it still doesn't say how it is removed. I guess I must be looking in the wrong place... :dunno:

But since it can be removed using a dental floss like espn said, then I guess it should be easy enough.

BTW, I went to Cathay Photo Marina Square to ask for this and the sales guy went "huh?!". :bsmilie: So I bought the pre-cut stick-on lcd protector for D50 instead.

any idea where to get this in singapore and how much? been looking for a screen protector for my 350D but Cathay told me they're outta stock of the precut ones.

This product is only available from US. You need to place an online order @ www.daproducts.com. Some CSers usually do a MO for this protector (abt $12) each. If not, gather a few friends and place and order so that you can share the shipping cost.

I've used this for both my A70 and 350D. Its an excellent product. Better than those pre-cut ones. I used a pre-cut ones for my 350D. In abt a month it started peeling and collecting dusk. Changed it to the da protector and I am now a happy person.

Status
Not open for further replies.