Da Vinci Code - Movie [SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Strange it seems, no one has brought it up even though the movie has been showing for 1.5 weeks already :) MDA has done the right thing by rating it as NC16 - No scenes were cut as a result afaik :thumbsup:

hmm..din realise NC16 till now....well, not that many gory scenes anyway. The young should be expose to the 'truth'.....

quite a nice story though, no time to read the book....but now watched the movie liao, any sense to read the book?

Shadus said:
the book is much better

it's fiction... artistic direction

di0nysus said:
hmm..din realise NC16 till now....well, not that many gory scenes anyway. The young should be expose to the 'truth'.....

quite a nice story though, no time to read the book....but now watched the movie liao, any sense to read the book?

No harm reading the book :) it's more detailed and some of the details are different from what we saw in the movie.

Yes, the book gives more detail. Need yr brain to compose the image.
Strait Times rated it as "Amazing Race". Travel from places to places with clues left behind.

di0nysus said:
The young should be expose to the 'truth'.....

uncle, you means this author hold the truth and all other faiths are lies.
nonsensical

the book was crap, the movie is even more crap. :thumbsd:

dDarkroom said:
uncle, you means this author hold the truth and all other faiths are lies.
nonsensical

Firstly, I'm not uncle, (nor auntie. :p)

2ndly, there're 2 ways to interpret my statement. One is your way, the other is 'truth' = lies. The real truth shouldn't be in inverted commas.

I'm not for/against nor want to stir up any debate about faith. The only good thing that come out of any discussion regardin faith is to get people to discuss, to want to learn more!

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie, a fictional thriller. More chemistry between the lead actors wouldn't hurt. Nothing oscar-winning about. But a nice movie nevertheless.

geez.. already pple jumping to conclusions to protect watever they are protecting. all over the net and in social settings (even business) already talked about (actually quite passe liow) here still have?

haiz.. sibeh eng lor.

not directing anything to the thread starter, but to pple who like "jumping".... :rolleyes:

I guess this DVC thing has got far too much publicity liao, thanks or no thanks to the media, from newspaper, magazines to TV, etc. This is just very creative and entertaining fiction.

And also, there are those who go shooting those locations where the book has described too. So, Paris has gain much from this. And they even call their TGV train the Da Vinci Express..... Soon, we may have DV sandwich from Delifrance, DVC tour.

Yeah, it is big money for those who jump on the DVC bandwagon.

For those interested, I have 2 links you may find interesting. These are very documentaries which goes though the conspiracy theories including discussions with Henry Lincoln.

Da Vinci Code Decoded
http://www.docuworld.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,159/Itemid,30/

The Real Da Vinci Code
http://www.docuworld.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,217/Itemid,30/
This one is produced by the BBC and hosted by a really funny guy - Tony Robinson. For Blackadder fans, he was Baldrick. Think it was also televised on CNA sometime back.

Enjoy!!

Personally I think the whole show was full of plot holes. When Robert Langoon goes to the museum there are no reporters(where there are police there should be reporters). Second the curator was shot & has time to set up the bizarre scene which probably took 30hr and no security came. The windows in the museum toilets should have bars. Strange that Sir Leigh Teabing does not question Langoon when he shows up in an armour car. These are only some of the plot holes.

i think it's stated in the book that the DJCP wanted to keep the investigation private.
the curator was shot in the stomach, which gave him ~20mins in which his stomach acids would spread to the other parts of his body, and he used that time to set up the scene.
if the windows had bars, what would happen if there was a fire and people want to escape via the windows?
teabing would not have known that langdon turned up in an armour vehicle as they only met inside the house.

i have exactly no idea whats it about. i will watch it soon

i'd suggest that you read the book before watching the movie. my mum went in and out of the cinema and had a hard time knowing what the movie was talking about. furthermore, there're no subtitles

+evenstar said:
i think it's stated in the book that the DJCP wanted to keep the investigation private.
the curator was shot in the stomach, which gave him ~20mins in which his stomach acids would spread to the other parts of his body, and he used that time to set up the scene.
if the windows had bars, what would happen if there was a fire and people want to escape via the windows?
teabing would not have known that langdon turned up in an armour vehicle as they only met inside the house.

If you saw police outside the a museum don't you think reporter won't be curious or that nobody would notice.

Since the curator got shot in stomache and had say 20min to to setup the scene no security came down. I would think a museum with that many presious items would have security down in less than 5min at the scene. The curator would be found shot hence have no time to setup the scene.

If the toliets don't have bars anybody can steal things and throw it out the window.

Teabing view them from the security camera.

yup, museum security responded when the alarm sounded, but as the bars were down, they could not enter. they heard noises and presumed that the "thief" was still inside and called the DJCP.

Teabing viewed only the driver compartment, so i doubt he could recognise the vehicle as a armored vehicle...=]

Think the book itself has some great plot holes. But it was a fun read. Too bad Dan put too many "fact" claims and joined them all in an Amazing Race fashion...hahahahhaa.....

I think the real Leonardo da Vinci would be turning in his grave....;p

Status
Not open for further replies.