da protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Jan 28, 2003
near e4
Visit site
any idea how to stick it onto the lcd?

after reading the instructions and looking at what is in the package, i am a bit confused. what is the thin pink strip for and what is it?

am i supposed to peel the piece of liner on the camera side and the liner for the adhesive strip on the camera side and stick the protector onto the lcd? if so, how does the pink strip comes into play?

thanx

after so many responses to espn's MO, no one is able to help :dunno: ?

sigh .....

iceman said:
any idea how to stick it onto the lcd?

after reading the instructions and looking at what is in the package, i am a bit confused. what is the thin pink strip for and what is it?

am i supposed to peel the piece of liner on the camera side and the liner for the adhesive strip on the camera side and stick the protector onto the lcd? if so, how does the pink strip comes into play?

thanx

The pink strip is the adhesive, something like a double sided tape, stick in onto the sides of the lcd protector, cut the excessive ends, then peel off like double sided tape and stick onto ur camera lcd.

where u got this? How much is it?

thanx to the helpful souls. i've attached it, but it does not seem to be firm. is it normal?

yes, can get from espn.

I have additional strips of adhesives available... if you need to remove them and reapply, let me know, but I've no idea when I can pass them to you... :)

Iceman, there should be 4 thin strips of adhesive along the 4 edges of the rectangle (where the black shaded areas are), and once you put it on, it should be "grippy" but not immovable, eg. should not feel like it's superglued on. That means if you put lateral pressure on it, it'll move slightly but resisting you ... you should be able to take it off for cleaning or replacement in the future without damaging the LCD plastic.

Mine's been on the camera for more than 1 year, and is still doing fine ... the funny thing was that there's a factory defect (scratches) on the outer part of the protector (the part that came under a layer of protective adhesive paper), but I decided that it was too much of a hassle to swap it and am just going to live with it, as I don't use the LCD for critical analysis of my images anyway.

Hmm...

Juz stick the pink double-sided adhesive on the black borders and u're done. Anyway, regardless of what it may seem, there's still a small layer of gap between the plastic protector and the LCD screen. If by any chance u see any dust specks in between, juz place ur blower on the gap and fire away.

thanx to all who replied.

espn : maybe when i order another protector. err .... is it too late to order a da mini protector now?

ericp : the strip that i had was only sufficient for the top and bottom, it is not enough for all 4 sides.

AReality said:
remember to clean the LCD surface 1st.
Saliva & tissue paper will do.

Hack .... ptui ... rub rub rub ... ewww ... (dump in bin) ...

B.B.B. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.