Status
Not open for further replies.

uy_uil

Deregistered
Nov 3, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
hi guys,

any users of da Protector out there? just got a nikon dslr and thinking of getting it to protect my new toy. please leave your comments. Also, any idea where to get it other than the online store?

thanks in advance =)

uy_uil said:
hi guys,

any users of da Protector out there? just got a nikon dslr and thinking of getting it to protect my new toy. please leave your comments. Also, any idea where to get it other than the online store?

thanks in advance =)

If you're talking about a sticker type LCD protector, you can get it at any reputable photography store in Singapore, namely AP, CP, MS, TCW etc. Harvey Norman/Courts might ahve it too.

thanks for the reply.
saw some of the threads posted by users, and they're having the 'da protector'. read up the website and it uses clear acrylic. wonder if its of any difference to the normal stick-on ones. (like those use on handphones etc.)

uy_uil said:
thanks for the reply.
saw some of the threads posted by users, and they're having the 'da protector'. read up the website and it uses clear acrylic. wonder if its of any difference to the normal stick-on ones. (like those use on handphones etc.)

I think the difference between da protector and the rest is cuz its damn thick. Looks like a bullet proof glass panel on my friends D50 lcd...

i like the da oly protector... like metallilan said, it's like a bullet proof layer protecting the LCD!!! scratch resistant, super clear, and wipes clean very easily... if course, must install properly to ensure no dust can get in after installation.

waiting for the next MO for this before getting another one for another cam (bought on a previous MO by donchua for $12 + $2 postage).

Cactus jACk said:
waiting for the next MO for this before getting another one for another cam (bought on a previous MO by donchua for $12 + $2 postage).

anyone keen to start a MO for the daProtector? if i'm not wrong, its stated flat shipping rate regardless of qty. correct me if i'm wrong.

Hi all, just to find out whether the da Oly protector which is stated at the website says suitable for 1d series cam, but does it cover the entire lcd ? Cos 300d is also sharing the same model of protector if i am not wrong.

Ivan11 said:
Hi all, just to find out whether the da Oly protector which is stated at the website says suitable for 1d series cam, but does it cover the entire lcd ? Cos 300d is also sharing the same model of protector if i am not wrong.
not very sure about that but for my nikon d50/d70s i saw, it covers the whole plastic area (LCD area + other black area)

metallilan said:
I think the difference between da protector and the rest is cuz its damn thick. Looks like a bullet proof glass panel on my friends D50 lcd...

Yeah i've got it on my 10D, really feels like hard plastic....very durable! :)

Ivan11 said:
Nope, it covers the top part only. I've applied a da protector to a 1D MK2 before.

Bascially, if one should compare the film type protector vs the da Protector, don't bother. The da Protector works far much better.

It's a worthy investment. US$6 + US$2 (shipping).

Yes! Yes!
Would like to join in too!

Cactus jACK said:

_espn_ said:
Nope, it covers the top part only. I've applied a da protector to a 1D MK2 before.

:think: ok tks, but like very funny like that leh... top part got plastice but bottom part nothing :dunno:

For those using Nikon body, how do you compare the da Protector with the standard Nikon clip-on protector?

doremonx said:
For those using Nikon body, how do you compare the da Protector with the standard Nikon clip-on protector?

yeah, I would like to know too, if anyone has a photo to share... thinking of sticking on my D200.:think:

go to Mobile Square n get MARTIN FIELDS.my d70s,both the LCD monitor n LCD control panel display is custom cut/applied by the boss.so is my sb600's LCD display.

martin field is about $25(abit exp) but it's good.my O2 XDAIIs screen has been has been protected since day 1 n it's been nearly 2 years.

1 more thing,dont go on sunday.only the boss does custom cut.

doremonx said:

I use da protector for all Nikon body I own now & before, the clip-on stay in the box..;p
Even my P&S also using da protector..:cool:
One word.. GOOD :thumbsup:

merkava74 said:
yeah, I would like to know too, if anyone has a photo to share... thinking of sticking on my D200.:think:

Hmmm, during my last MO, got quite a lot of D200 users.
Maybe you can ask them..:)

donchua said:
I use da protector for all Nikon body I own now & before, the clip-on stay in the box..;p
Even my P&S also using da protector..:cool:
One word.. GOOD :thumbsup:

Conduct the next MO lar..i missed out on that one :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.