Da Nang, Hue, Hoi An

Lekech

Jul 13, 2005
Hi there, I am making a 4-day trip to these 3 places in central vietnam next week, and would like some advice from those who have been there.

1. Thinking of setting base in Da Nang and do day-trips to Hue and Hoi An.
- Did anyone try this before? Or does it make more sense to stay overnight in each locations?
- How long is the journey (time-wise) to each of them from Danang?
- Does anyone has a good, reliable driver to recommend that I can book for the entire trip?

2. Any good hotels in these locations to recommend? Budget is around US80-100pn...

3. I have done some research on the places to visit. Will appreciate very much if you can recommend some less-publicised places that you were fond of. Subject typical of travel photography: People, street-life, architecture, landscape....

4. Do the locals transact in Dong or do they accept USD?

Thanks in advance!

Jan 4, 2008
Sembawang
www.flickr.com
Hi

I suggest you spend your nights at Hoi An and Hue. Head to Hoi An as soon as you arrive at Da Nang Int Airport. Your Hoi An hotel should be able to arrange for pick up.

There are 4 - 5 star hotels but they are a distance away from the ancient town. I stayed at Hoang Trinh Hotel at half the price you budgetted. It is within walking distance to the town center and river side. Very friendly and reliable. You can make advance booking from them at kshoangtrinhhoian@yahoo.com.

They should be able to advise you on how to proceed to Hue. Check out SinhTourist for rates. It is very near your hotel.

Have a nice trip.

Jun 14, 2010
Admiralty
The vietnamese would be more than willing to let you take their photo, just go to them and point at your camera.

Beware of fake SinhTourist agency though..

Catalyst

Jan 20, 2002
NorthEast
catalyst.clubsnap.org
Hi

I suggest you spend your nights at Hoi An and Hue. Head to Hoi An as soon as you arrive at Da Nang Int Airport. Your Hoi An hotel should be able to arrange for pick up.

There are 4 - 5 star hotels but they are a distance away from the ancient town. I stayed at Hoang Trinh Hotel at half the price you budgetted. It is within walking distance to the town center and river side. Very friendly and reliable. You can make advance booking from them at kshoangtrinhhoian@yahoo.com.

They should be able to advise you on how to proceed to Hue. Check out SinhTourist for rates. It is very near your hotel.

Have a nice trip.
U should spend a night or two at hoi an. As for hue you will probably need 2 days - to join the day tour for sightseeing. I went from HCM > Hue > Hoi An. I prefer hoi an for photography, esp the ancient town. IIRC, I took a coach from Hue to Hoi An.

datuk

Feb 12, 2010
Hi,
8 of us were in the cities you mentioned in early Jan this year. If you can provide me your email I can attached the detailed intinerary (inclusive of details of the tour agency, hotels and price etc..etc). Warmest regards

datuk

Feb 12, 2010
Hi,
I was unable to gain access to your message. A thousand apologies. I am new to ClubSnap and not familar to the system. However I shall email you the details of my travel as metioned. Actually we shall be traveling to Vietnam again from 3-10 Nov (South) and 9-18 Jan 2011 (North).

Please sms your email address to my HP - 96684154 and I shall email you the info to assist you in your travel to these 3 cities. Warmest regards.

Top Bottom