DA limited lens good...?

greg Kx

Feb 3, 2010
Hi guys, any feeb back on DA 40mm prime lens... seems to be cheap n good in review?

It is an excellent lens for its size and price. There is no cooler or smaller lens than this one by Pentax, and it produces sharp results with good colors.

This is one of the lenses that make you different from the others (I mean non-Pentax users) ;)

Thks Fengwei, i have brought the DA 40mm limited alr... indeed a very compact lens and colour and IQ is very good.....!

Save more for DA* 50-135 or DA 14mm....

It is an excellent lens for its size and price. There is no cooler or smaller lens than this one by Pentax, and it produces sharp results with good colors.

This is one of the lenses that make you different from the others (I mean non-Pentax users) ;)

The pancake 40mmf2.8 is my "casual" lens; whenever I go out on business. It does NOT make others conscious of the long protruding lens when you shoot, and they are more comfortable with a pns type camera. It is easy to just put into any non-camera bag. Just be careful of the screen on cap. It is small, and could get lost. I try to habitually put into my shirt or trouser pocket. Putting on the dining table is NO NO... you can forget. Not even sure how to get a replacement, if you lose it. Moreover, I don't have a filter over it (not even sure if there is one)... fun pancake. Gosh, put some honey on it, perhaps could eat it too!!!

always wanted to get the DA40 but got way too much focal length overlap in that zone to really justify...

The pancake 40mmf2.8 is my "casual" lens; whenever I go out on business. It does NOT make others conscious of the long protruding lens when you shoot, and they are more comfortable with a pns type camera. It is easy to just put into any non-camera bag. Just be careful of the screen on cap. It is small, and could get lost. I try to habitually put into my shirt or trouser pocket. Putting on the dining table is NO NO... you can forget. Not even sure how to get a replacement, if you lose it. Moreover, I don't have a filter over it (not even sure if there is one)... fun pancake. Gosh, put some honey on it, perhaps could eat it too!!!

Filter size is 49mm to place between hood and lens or 43mm IIRC for the hood.

Yes. The pancake is highly recommended for its best bang for buck. It's tiny size convert your k-x into a samsung nx :bsmilie: and it looks like you have one of those PnS super zoom instead. The lens yield warm colours that make people shots look better too. And at f/2.8, it can act as the 50 /f1.4's poorer cousin. Go for it! And I get a kick out of it showing the C,N and O people what a real pancake lens look like!;)