DA* lens at COMEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

exiledbummer

Dec 29, 2006
For those thinking of getting both the DA* lens at the COMEX Pentax booth can forget about it. Strange thing is, i called Shiriro and they told me they are only selling both lens bundled with the K10d at 4699. They are not going to sell the lens alone...can anyone verify?

Here's their ad from today's States Times:

6f5icso.jpg

Oooohhhh...only 10 sets ok? better rush down and pay them $4699.

For those thinking of getting both the DA* lens at the COMEX Pentax booth can forget about it. Strange thing is, i called Shiriro and they told me they are only selling both lens bundled with the K10d at 4699. They are not going to sell the lens alone...can anyone verify?

It's on the advertisement:
http://www.clubsnap.org/forums/showthread.php?t=307219#3

So expensive!

wow 4699!They expect us to cough out 4699 at 1 go?
doesnt make sense
why dun they wan to sell the lenses seperately?:think:

Wow... That's really something special. I find that it might not be a good way to promote the lenses :)

wow 4699!They expect us to cough out 4699 at 1 go?
doesnt make sense
why dun they wan to sell the lenses seperately?:think:

Finally they gave up, they'd sell the lenses separately, $1699 for the DA*16-50, and $1899 for the DA*50-135 :eek:

Finally they gave up, they'd sell the lenses separately, $1699 for the DA*16-50, and $1899 for the DA*50-135 :eek:

K!@!%@#!#$!@#$@!#!@~#!@#@#@?

Those prices are siao la.

Thanks fengwei, in that case i will go down try my luck, hope they still have stocks.

Was a COMEX with fengwei and alanswan. The good and the bad news. The good is that the 2 DA* lenses are very beautiful, lighter than I imagined. The most impressive feature has got to be SDM. The focusing is whisper quiet and fast. To me the DA 50-135 is by far the more impressive of the two lenses.

Maybe because I already have the DA 16-45, I find the extra 1 stop and the 5mm difference on the long end to be insignificant as far as wideangles go. Sorry but it's ho-hum for the 16-50mm for me. Seriously, except for the SDM, I was underwhelmed.:what:

The one that gets my LBA juices stirring is the DA* 50-135mm. Excellent focal range and the lens remains the same length when zoomed. SDM here is even more impressive. Seriously I was prepared to get into a Lens Buying Accident earlier today. :bsmilie: Only thing that detracts I feel is that humongous lens hood.

Now the bad. No K10D Grand Prix Special Edition anywhere in sight except for the one in fengwei's camera bag. :bsmilie: Looks like those who want one need to send out a hunting party at Cathay Photo and take a number. Yeah it's that rare...

When we went, the 2 lenses weren't available individually but bundled with a K10D. The message is like you need to get a body with SDM before you can get hold of the 2 DA*s. What were they thinking? Well just got the news that they are now available for sale, but the price...cough, cough, eek!!! :bheart: Even if the street price is likely to be lower than the RRP or list price, I think I'll stop lens shopping in Singapore. Why? cause I think I can save quite a bit if I buy any of these babies outside Singapore.

DA*s side by side
DA_sidebyside.jpg

Guess who's trying out the lovely DA* 50-135? :D
50-135_fwsm.jpg

BTW pictures taken by Sigma 90mm f2.8 Macro

Word from SHRIRO is...be patient, just wait ONE MORE MONTH and we should see these two DA*s in the shops.

$1699 for 16-50 and $1899 for 18-50??? thats crazy. can fly to HK pick up a pair and fly home.

K10D with 18-55 for $1699! Isn't that kind of expensive? I thought the price should go down, not up.:confused:

Word from SHRIRO is...be patient, just wait ONE MORE MONTH and we should see these two DA*s in the shops.

I wonder if they don't manage to sell any of the $4699 kits at the show, will they break the bundle and selling the DA*s separately? :devil:

They already give up....:sticktong
Lets be patient, just wait for another FEW MORE MONTH and hope to see the price of these two DA*s dropping....:lovegrin::devil:

Was a COMEX with fengwei and alanswan. The good and the bad news. The good is that the 2 DA* lenses are very beautiful, lighter than I imagined. The most impressive feature has got to be SDM. The focusing is whisper quiet and fast. To me the DA 50-135 is by far the more impressive of the two lenses.

I strongly agrees with you bro, the 2 lense Focus are fast, quiet and feels good.. almost got the buying Impulse, but i remember seeing it somewhere that b&H is selling USD899 for the 16-50, so I thought, its too expensive..

Maybe because I already have the DA 16-45, I find the extra 1 stop and the 5mm difference on the long end to be insignificant as far as wideangles go. Sorry but it's ho-hum for the 16-50mm for me. Seriously, except for the SDM, I was underwhelmed.:what:

I think if really want to grab, the 50-135 would be first to grab.. its really quite light comparing with Lense like the SIgma 70-200, etc.. But if $$$ allow, both would definitely be great... 4D 4D when let me Strike...:eek:

The one that gets my LBA juices stirring is the DA* 50-135mm. Excellent focal range and the lens remains the same length when zoomed. SDM here is even more impressive. Seriously I was prepared to get into a Lens Buying Accident earlier today. :bsmilie: Only thing that detracts I feel is that humongous lens hood.

Now the bad. No K10D Grand Prix Special Edition anywhere in sight except for the one in fengwei's camera bag. :bsmilie: Looks like those who want one need to send out a hunting party at Cathay Photo and take a number. Yeah it's that rare...

When we went, the 2 lenses weren't available individually but bundled with a K10D. The message is like you need to get a body with SDM before you can get hold of the 2 DA*s. What were they thinking? Well just got the news that they are now available for sale, but the price...cough, cough, eek!!! :bheart: Even if the street price is likely to be lower than the RRP or list price, I think I'll stop lens shopping in Singapore. Why? cause I think I can save quite a bit if I buy any of these babies outside Singapore.
I think I was there slightly after you guys gets there, and they are already telling their staffs of the individual lense price.. and so far all 10 sets are still available...

I saw DA* 50-135 in Yodobashi sold for around 1600sgd few days ago...did not buy though.;p
It's lightweight, focus is very fast and quiet....

Status
Not open for further replies.