DA 35mm f/2.8 Limited macro vs DAL 35 2.4 (price and image quality)

wazzupku

Apr 24, 2010
Hi

I am going to get one of them in Vietnam, both second hand.

The price here is 35 macro: $470SG and DAL 35: $325
So I just wondering for this kind of price DAL is being 7/10 of DA macro, can the image quality on DAL beat that ratio or it is less than 7/10 for IQ?

The 35 Macro has a much better build quality, has quick shift, has a built in hood, can do 1:1 macro, and is very sharp. Focussing is a bit slow as it is a macro lens.

The 35 f2.4 has a slightly larger aperture and nicer bokeh.

I will get the DA 35 macro at the price you are being offered, its really too good to pass up. If you don't like it, you can sell it here and then pick up a new 35 f2.4 here at about the same price.

The 35 Macro has a much better build quality, has quick shift, has a built in hood, can do 1:1 macro, and is very sharp. Focussing is a bit slow as it is a macro lens.

The 35 f2.4 has a slightly larger aperture and nicer bokeh.

I will get the DA 35 macro at the price you are being offered, its really too good to pass up. If you don't like it, you can sell it here and then pick up a new 35 f2.4 here at about the same price.

35 macro has very high Vignetting at 2.8 right? Also, I can't sell it in Sing, I live in Vietnam haha

Hi

I am going to get one of them in Vietnam, both second hand.

The price here is 35 macro: $470SG and DAL 35: $325
So I just wondering for this kind of price DAL is being 7/10 of DA macro, can the image quality on DAL beat that ratio or it is less than 7/10 for IQ?

Wow DA35 macro @ $470 is a steal .

yea, -0.78EV, nearly a stop! Are we allowed to post link from other website? pls don't ban me >< here is the link anyway
http://www.photozone.de/pentax/393-pentax_35_28?start=1

i don't have any test shots but all i can say is, i was using it for close to a year before i was made to rationalise my lens collection and had to let go of it.

and i would have happily kept it if i had been allowed to upgrade to a bigger dry cabinet :bsmilie:

To me i find tat DA35 macro is a steal..The price is very good. Even taking night shots is quite clear. Here some nightshots taken from DA35 Macro

5148225507_3f2bb7617d_b.jpg

5148224989_f4e65805b3_b.jpg

Dear all

Thank you very much for the info. I will buy DA macro tonight if the lens is OK after testing

Just FYI,
A few days ago, Orient Photo quoted me $278 cash for the DA 35/2.4, from Kr kit, so, no box.

Just FYI,
A few days ago, Orient Photo quoted me $278 cash for the DA 35/2.4, from Kr kit, so, no box.

wah, still have or not? i am interested.

wah, still have or not? i am interested.
Just call them lah. I think as long as they have stock, the price should not hike.

Just another FYI, in China, the DA35/2.4 is selling around $240SGD, some online shops even sell it less than $200SGD for promotion. So, if you have friends travel to China, ask them to bring one.

Do you know of any china website that i can buy online? So wanted to buy 1 white da 35mm. I have just checked with OP. I think its coming this coming weekend or early next week.

Awwww, the 35 macro lens is SO mint, the buyer even discount me 10$ but when I got the money this morning, he sold it to another -.-" damn!

Just reserved 1 set of da 35mm white from OP. Will arrive end of week or early next week. Its really S$280. Hoot ah ppl!! S$100 cheaper than most store..

Just reserved 1 set of da 35mm white from OP. Will arrive end of week or early next week. Its really S$280. Hoot ah ppl!! S$100 cheaper than most store..

are you serious about this price? brand new in box too???? Can you please pm me OP phone number? Because I live in Vietnam. I will call them to order 2 set for me and my GF!

Last edited:
are you serious about this price? brand new in box too???? Can you please pm me OP phone number? Because I live in Vietnam. I will call them to order 2 set for me and my GF!

I dunno if they have box, as macrob mentioned that they took it out from Kr-kit and sell which i dun mind about the box. S$100 for the box is way too exp.
Anyway i called them twice and reserved it on my 2nd call. :)

even the white one going at this price ?

think i'd call them tomorrow too~