Da 16-15

yeohth

Mar 11, 2010
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi Guys,

i have just brought a Pentax DA 16-45mm lens for my K-x... wish to check with you guys, is this wide angle + standard zoom lens sufficient and good enough to be my walkabout lens during my CHINA trip??

Majority of the trip i will taking more on landscape/scenic pics + some portraits pics as well... Please kindly recommend a few good lens to me if you guys knew of as i am quite new to DSLR.. just started about 3 months back..

Thanks a lot!!... Hope to learn more from u guys during this coming sat outing...

Last edited:

cleonbus

Deregistered
Nov 18, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
I'm using that lens too.Normal walk-about should be good but if you want a all-in-one you should get the 18-250:)

jjynwa

Nov 9, 2007
Hi Guys,

i have just brought a Pentax DA 16-45mm lens for my K-x... wish to check with you guys, is this wide angle + standard zoom lens sufficient and good enough to be my walkabout lens during my CHINA trip??

Majority of the trip i will taking more on landscape/scenic pics + some portraits pics as well... Please kindly recommend a few good lens to me if you guys knew of as i am quite new to DSLR.. just started about 3 months back..

Thanks a lot!!... Hope to learn more from u guys during this coming sat outing...
Yes, its good enough. Or even better, pair it up with the DA 55-300 or 50-200 and you're good to go! I used that lens for about 6 months. Brought it to Australia last year.

Most of the shots in this set were by the DA 16-45, feel free to take a look: Australia Set

Cheers!

yeohth

Mar 11, 2010
Yes, its good enough. Or even better, pair it up with the DA 55-300 or 50-200 and you're good to go! I used that lens for about 6 months. Brought it to Australia last year.

Most of the shots in this set were by the DA 16-45, feel free to take a look: Australia Set

Cheers!
Hi Seniors!,

Thanks for the advise, i shall stick to my current lens then at the moment, hope can seek more advise on how to maximize the potential of the lens during our sat outing (if u guys happen to be there) before going for the trip..

Other than that, currently i also looking for a good external flash too.. in my wishlist, i am looking at the Pentax AF360GFZ, AF540FGZ and Metz 48 AF.. Can you guys further advise which one is the best to chose??

Thanks!

felixcat8888

May 8, 2005
The reason for the recommendation of a tele lens is for you to take pics further than what the 16-45 can take.

Slowly save up for either and you are good to go . . .

yeohth

Mar 11, 2010
The reason for the recommendation of a tele lens is for you to take pics further than what the 16-45 can take.

Yo Bros, Thanks for your advise... i shall slowly save up for the AF540 flashgun and get a tele lens....

Yo Bros, Thanks for your advise... i shall slowly save up for the AF540 flashgun and get a tele lens....
If you price is a concern then the af360 would also be a good choice , [only if it had a swivel head ! damm!]

Other than that the swivel head allows you to bounce flash on the ceiling when taking portrait mode which the af360 dosen't have.

Or you could just go here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692045 where you can find alot of infomation abt the flash :thumbsup:

yeohth

Mar 11, 2010

If you price is a concern then the af360 would also be a good choice , [only if it had a swivel head ! damm!]

Other than that the swivel head allows you to bounce flash on the ceiling when taking portrait mode which the af360 dosen't have.

Or you could just go here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692045 where you can find alot of infomation abt the flash :thumbsup:
Yeah that's true, i just hope the AF360 do come with swivel head!!!

yeohth

Mar 11, 2010
The Pentax AF360 cannot swivel, the rest we recommended can.

You can also consider the Sigma EF530SG Super for about $460 thereabouts or the non Super version for about $250 thereabouts . . .
yeah, other than the AF360 others are able to do swivel... i had not research anything bout the Sigma flash yet... Thanks for recommending.

snapnut

Oct 1, 2004
A used 50-200mm in B&S <$200.
I always bring it along on a trip... it is light and compact... for the ocassional street and animal shots.

Another lens is the 50mm. Pentax-A 50mm f2 is a nice small manual lens.
For the low light, bokeh and potrait shots. ~$60 ?

However, I must say I took most shots with my 17-50mm tamron during my trips.

The best thing is, after the trip... you can sell them back in B&S... maybe at the same price :bsmilie:

yeohth

Mar 11, 2010
A used 50-200mm in B&S <$200.
I always bring it along on a trip... it is light and compact... for the ocassional street and animal shots.

Another lens is the 50mm. Pentax-A 50mm f2 is a nice small manual lens.
For the low light, bokeh and potrait shots. ~$60 ?

However, I must say I took most shots with my 17-50mm tamron during my trips.

The best thing is, after the trip... you can sell them back in B&S... maybe at the same price :bsmilie:
Haha... That was a good idea..and the price seems good to me ;p... as i am having a tight budget atm... I am still saving for my flashgun keke.. i shall check it out at B&S... Thanks for the info...

Top Bottom