d90 shutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

malditogid

Sep 26, 2008
hi does anyone know how much a d90 shutter costs? i dropped my d90 and the shutter broke tnx :):)

Last edited:
hi does anyone know how much a d90 shutter costs? i dropped my d90 and the shutter broke tnx :):)

How do you know that the shutter broke?

Send it in to NSC for a checkup and a quote.

Your best bet is to send it to NSC. They can quote.

Or you can just give NSC a call and ask for the price.
No one can give a more accurate quote than them.

thank you for the prompt replies... i had it checked at a shop (gray unit) and thats what they said.. it can still actually take pictures but 1/3 of the picture is black and the mirror inside is cracked a bit... :):) yes i will try to get a quote from nikon also

i hope its not the shutter haha it only has 7000 actuations on it.... i think the mirror will have to be replaced though. it has a crack on it and a portion is chipped off

3351242692_512beb4681.jpg
[/IMG]

thank you for the prompt replies... i had it checked at a shop (gray unit) and thats what they said.. it can still actually take pictures but 1/3 of the picture is black and the mirror inside is cracked a bit... :):) yes i will try to get a quote from nikon also
seem the mirror does not go up fully when shutter fired.

none seen the impact was on the kit lens, it was damaged

Sounds like a mirror problem to me too. I had the exact same problem on my Zenit and I fixed it by sticking my finger in and pushing the mirror back into the lever that lifts the mirror. Yours could be worse though since you dropped it.

thank you for all your replies.... i hope this will help :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.