D90 + sb-28

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1808

Nov 22, 2008
West
Hi all,

I just bought D90 for about 3weeks, it seem cant "talk" with my flash SB-28....yesterday and today same problem happens....

Firstly, when I attach flash to D90 my macro lens not able to use when is in AF mode, but if I switch to M mode its work fine. I can manually twist to focus the object but the Aperture show in the flash LCD wont talk to each others, I've to set in D90 and in Flash.

Secondly, while I was shooting for few shots it work ok (in M mode) then suddenly after 1 shot it can give me "Err" error message....then the f-number changed to f/90 and I cant do any adjustment at all.....I off and on D90 + flash problem also cant go away....then dont know how, it will come back to normal by itself.

Thirdly, I found that sometimes when I shoots the ext TTL flash wont "flash" at all and all my picture taken was UE. I checked TTL power is ok nothing wrong~

Is the flash got problem casuing the D90 not perform/function rightly? :dunno:

SB-28 does not support i-TTL, SB-28DX support ONLY D-TTL (D1, D1x, D100).

Hi satan_1834, sorry but my D90 since I started to use it last week with my old SB-28 it still working. But only that It cant talk with my D90, I got to set the aperture manually on the flash.

And bad news!!!

My SB-28 just went nuts! The LCD display just turn out blank and I keep heard the "motor-drive" sounds non-stop. No matter what button I press it just wont stop the sound. I open the battery cover and finally the sound stop but when I close back the sound start again :dunno:

Recently I'm having problem with this flash sometimes it flashed sometime it not....do you guys know what actually happen? Is it the end of my SB28? And if so...was thinking of getting a flash for this new D90, which I shoot more on macro....

Status
Not open for further replies.