D90 or 500D

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhnerd

Apr 14, 2009
hI, Guys need some advice. i'm new to dslr i have narrowed my choice of camera to either a canon 500D or a Nikon D90. i am in a dilemma..

Please help....

Thanks and Regards.....

What do you like about each? Which feels better in your hand? Which felt easier to use?

both are excellent cameras.

choose the 500d if you prefer more megapixels and a lighter camera.

choose the d90 if you prefer faster continuous shooting speed and a brighter viewfinder.

Or wait for 1-2 more weeks for D5000 to be available for better comparison...

D90.

although i own a canon.

but if you compare the xxD series, i'll be rooting for canon. =P

it seems tht both models are of a different league, maybe you shd take the D60 or up coming D5000 for comparison.

hmmms but the price of the two camera are not much different from each other...

so i dun really know which to get

hI, Guys need some advice. i'm new to dslr i have narrowed my choice of camera to either a canon 500D or a Nikon D90. i am in a dilemma..

Please help....

Thanks and Regards.....

if u r comparing only btw these 2 models.. i will take D90 for the extra lcd screen on top.. which is really useful... go play with them and u will judge better...

the price difference is $200+ wor, why u say not much difference?

D90 definately have an edge over 500D
not because i'm a Nikon user but by comparisons,
functions, ergonomics, and every aspects...
please use DP reviews to look at the side to side comparison and you will understand why.
try to search, compare and read up on your own.
whats positive for me may look negative for you ;)

Try it out for yourself.
Only you can decide.
Check the features out also to see which suits you better.

Marie

If die die need to choose between these 2, i'd say go for D90

haha if i would include 50D canon as an other choice??? how ar???

Both are good cameras and newly released so dont think there are much glaring differences separating between the two. Go have a feel of the cameras and play around with it.

Rather you get a 450D, use the saved money to get lens or tripods or other stuffs.

hmms i was actually considering the 450D but i have very big hands... so the camera does feel right in my hands...

so after looking and looking i guess i have narrowed my self to aa 50D or a D90

hmms i was actually considering the 450D but i have very big hands... so the camera does feel right in my hands...

so after looking and looking i guess i have narrowed my self to aa 50D or a D90

Same here, like 450D but doesn't feel good for my right hand, now looking at D90 too. Already hold it and feel the weight and ergo fits nicely. I'm waiting for D5000 launch and hope D90 price will dip a little.

15mp, will the noise control be as good?

get the d90.
i still cant stand with xxxd's grip and plastic quality.

i'm canon user.

Status
Not open for further replies.