D90 Or 450D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red4Ever

Aug 25, 2008
I know I have started/opened up many of these types of threads......
Anyway, yesterday I was reading through the reviews for the D90 and I found it to be really useful. Since I prefer Live View, again narrowing down to the Nikon D90 and Canon 450D maybe the Canon 1000D as well. Which of these are suitable for nature, travel and gatherings? I know lenses play very much a big role but don't cameras affect the results too?
Thanks in advance for you valuable comments. ;)

Last edited:
If you have the money, i advise you tick the 1000D off the list because it's essentially a budget and de-spec version of the 450D for only $300 cheaper.

If you have the money, i advise you tick the 1000D off the list because it's essentially a budget and de-spec version of the 450D for only $300 cheaper.

Can you tell me more about the D90?

if u can wait, wait for the d90 release in singapore and see how it feels. if cannot wait, get 450d/d80/40d and go enjoy. :)

if u can wait, wait for the d90 release in singapore and see how it feels. if cannot wait, get 450d/d80/40d and go enjoy. :)

The D90 is already out :) But i need more inforamtion about it.

if you need more information about it, do read up about it.. google about it.. no use asking to be spoonfed the information here, because no one here has the camera and can tell you more about it then what is available online..

you could start by looking here or here...

if you need more information about it, do read up about it.. google about it.. no use asking to be spoonfed the information here, because no one here has the camera and can tell you more about it then what is available online..

you could start by looking here or here...

Ok Sorry Lo......

Actually Not Wanting More Information But Rather Wanting To Know Which Is Better Becoz Im A Newbie I Might Understand The Terms Used :) So Hope You Guys Can Help Me Differentiate. Hope You GUys Can Gimme Comments On Which Is Better

I think it's better to get the D90. It opens up a whole lot of creative opportunities with the movie mode, even though u will never use this feature I think it's something nice to have. Newer than the 450D too, esp if u wanna get a set with kit lens, think the 18-105mm VR is going to be a great lens for the money.
But most of all, best to read up more about these 2 cameras and find out more, and go and test them out to get a feel of how they feel in your hands and how they operate. For me, I'm sold over the Nikon D70s, my first DSLR, when I tried it out at the shop. Was comparing it to the 350D at that time. The build quaility, ergonomics, ease of use & nice kit lens was reason enough for me to go the Nikon path. :)

why not the 50d, one shot get the better one and dont look back.

my thoughts too, and sorry man, you can ask anyone here about the D90, but we cant say much because although its out, it hasnt reached singapore shores yet..

do be patient man. if cannot wait, get smth like 450D? or even 40D. at the end of the day, enjoy photography, enjoy your gear. dont headache over everything and then at the end of the day not satisfied. :)

Of course budget must be taken into consideration. Think when the D90 comes out it will be around 1800, as opposed to 1.2, 1.3k for the 450D with kit lens. If price is an option, then good to look into the 450D instead, or even the Nikon D80. =)

TS: If you dont mind, how about a 2nd hand EOS 40D? There are some of them(various condition and age) going as low as 1k at the Marketplace here due to the arrival of the 50D and their added functionalities can aid you greatly in the future.
As an example i've located one going for 1.1k here.

If you dont mind age, this is a good choice to take because of the better functionalities :D

Last edited:
Of course budget must be taken into consideration. Think when the D90 comes out it will be around 1800, as opposed to 1.2, 1.3k for the 450D with kit lens. If price is an option, then good to look into the 450D instead, or even the Nikon D80. =)

I do not think the D90 will be priced that high because it's intended to compete with the entry lvl dSLR market. Perhaps around 1200-1500?

I do not think the D90 will be priced that high because it's intended to compete with the entry lvl dSLR market. Perhaps around 1200-1500?

even then, budget is a concern to anyone whos venturing in the dslr world yes?

anyway for TS, like some have mentioned, 2nd Hand is another route you can take. :) im sure many of the forumers here use their cameras really carefully..

even then, budget is a concern to anyone whos venturing in the dslr world yes?

anyway for TS, like some have mentioned, 2nd Hand is another route you can take. :) im sure many of the forumers here use their cameras really carefully..

Very right. The Majority of the sellers here have bodies who are in good condition. I was also like TS last year when getting my dSLR - i was considering a 2nd hand EOS 30D and a brand new then-new 400D. After doing my research and asking people here i went 2nd hand with the 30D and so far, i have never ever regretted my choice because the capabilities of the 2 series over the 3 is simply so good to have. :D

Yeah actually I agree. Looking into the marketplace here is really a good alternative. So far I have yet to buy a lemon from any of the bros here....all seem to take care of their gear exceptionally well. :)
Body prices for DSLRs will depreciate quite a fair bit over time, u can buy a 2000 dollars DSLR body now, and the value of the body can be below 1000 in 2 years time.
I always recommend friends to come here to take a look if they want to venture into DSLR photography. Recently a friend of mine bought a superb condition Canon 400d here which came with the 18-55kit lens, 3 batteries, vertical grip, UV filter, the Canon lens book, and all the box and accesories with the shutter count less than 2k!! Comes with one yr extended warranty too.
The total damage? Only $900!!! Camera works as good as new and without scratches at all. Try your luck here, you'll be surprised how much money u will save. =)

I doubt so bro. When the D70/70s/80 came out they were also retailing around that pricepoint of 1700-1800. Now u can buy the D80 kit at 1300. Doubt they will price the newer D90 at that price just yet. In 1-2 years time, maybe ;)

Hmm.. then with the higher priced D300 intended to compete with the EOS 50D and the cheaper D90 below it, how are they going to prevent people from picking the Canon EOS at 1.8k+? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.