D90 Or 450D

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyhoo, my advice for TS now is to just sit back, relax, wait for D90 launch in singapore, then go down to the shop, try try, molest molest, see which one suits him.

for now, read up on basics, like aperture, depth of field, iso, shutter speed, metering, and maybe even basic photoshop skills. Youtube/google all have alot alot of good reads and video tutorials to learn from!

good luck. :)

Hmm.. then with the higher priced D300 intended to compete with the EOS 50D and the cheaper D90 below it, how are they going to prevent people from picking the Canon EOS at 1.8k+? :think:

Oops! Unless you are referring to the body only price. What I was referring to is the price with the kit lens, approx 1.8k I think. If body only, prob the price around 1.3-1.5k seems about right. :p My mistake....

Oops! Unless you are referring to the body only price. What I was referring to is the price with the kit lens, approx 1.8k I think. If body only, prob the price around 1.3-1.5k seems about right. :p My mistake....

It's alright ;)

why does this thread feel so canon ?
i think TS has already make his decision to go with canon already in his other thread.

Does Anyone Have Prices For The Canon 50D Or Maybe When It Will Arrive On Singapore Shores? Sorry About The Comment That The Nikon D90 Is Out Called Them Out And They Responded With Hopefully Next Month. So Will Be Waiting For It Patiently, Any News On The 50D?

Hmm.. then with the higher priced D300 intended to compete with the EOS 50D and the cheaper D90 below it, how are they going to prevent people from picking the Canon EOS at 1.8k+? :think:

The 50D pricing is meant to sit between the D80/D90 and the D300. Doesn't compete directly in terms of pricing.

why does this thread feel so canon ?
i think TS has already make his decision to go with canon already in his other thread.

Not Really Decided Not Just Between The 450D And D90 ;)

I would suggest that you wait a while till the cams are available in the shops then go to the shops to try the cams. Eventually, you may end up with something else cos the comfort level and user interface requirement of each person differs.

D90 for me just basing on reviews from other sites, cause i like the extra 4.5fps, VGA LCD, movie mode and HDMI output.
But whats the cost of d90 vs 450d?

D90 is like a whole different class of camera compared to 450D. Should compare with 50D and D90 which is way nearer in terms of pricing

Actually Not Wanting More Information But Rather Wanting To Know Which Is Better Becoz Im A Newbie I Might Understand The Terms Used :) So Hope You Guys Can Help Me Differentiate. Hope You GUys Can Gimme Comments On Which Is Better

No one in SG has a hold of the camera yet. So nobody knows.

Don't Bother With The 450D Or The D90. Go Buy The D3 Or 1Ds Mark III. Make Your Pictures Go Wow.

Btw Why Do You Type Like This? It Is Very Hard To Read And Even Harder To Type.

ok jokes aside, you can't compare the D90 and the 450d in the same breath. not the way that you intend. the D90 is more comparable to the 50D. in terms of specs and intended audience. But if you got money and don't mind waiting, get the D90 or 50D. i think its more bang for your buck. but please please please don't start a thread on whether you should get a d90 or a 50d. seriously, don't keep changing your mind, we can't decide for you, we can only tell you what we'd prefer/recommend. end decision is still yours

Last edited:
sad to disappoint many, the price of d90 body-only is pretty far from that of a 50d
body-only price of all the 3 model are
D90 - 999USD
450D - 799USD
50D - 1299USD

all taken from dpreview, if d90 is not in the price leage with 450d, it cannot be in the price leage of 50d as well...
im sure many got the assumption that d90 is priced at 1299USD, but do note that the price comes with a 18-105VR kit lens.

The D90 seems to target a class above the 450D I feel. Yes, specs-wise very similar but the Nikon would be in a higher price bracket(judging from the D80's price) and has more features like a 720p HD movie recording. The feel of the Nikon is also more substantial than the small-ish 450D.

Yeah honestly the 40D seems more of a competitor to the D90, given that Canon will sure reduce its pricing on this body too.
Sigh at the end of the day it's like comparing apples and oranges. If budget problem, get 450D. Great camera. If money no issue, get 50D, or D300. If you want newest tech with reasonable pricing, get D90.

Ok Guys, Thanks For The Information. I Have Decided On The D90 :) Coz The 50D As Stated In A Few Reviews Has Features The Nikon Already Had... In Addition, The Movie/Video Recording Could Really Be Helpful To Me As Well. So Thanks For Your Replies :)
~Thread Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.