D90 is out. What will pentax give us next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about video recording in my DSLR.

But if this is why resources are being diverted to in Pentax's R&D, instead of improving the REAL CAMERA functions such as AF (it's pretty bad on my model), then I care already. haha!

i hope pentax dont come out with a video camera.

I think Pentax needs more lenses....all those they planned on the lenses road map release date TBA until dont know how long still not much news...

I think Pentax needs more lenses....all those they planned on the lenses road map release date TBA until dont know how long still not much news...

I already bo lui liao... I think the current set of lenses are good enough for our usage.

Playing devil's advocate here. Hmmm, in-built GPS maps... err...might be useful if one wants to do a photo theme like ERP Gantries/ speed cameras, Makansutra food trail photography, Singapore tourist spots, etc. But then again is it really necessary to have it built in a camera?

Well, I rather prefer new model with full frame sensor and fastest fps than video recording in dslr. Reason is that better concentrate on only photography than both photo and video.

To me full frame and high fps is not important at all but a video mode would prove really useful....even better than live view. Sometimes I bring my PnS along to supplement my K200D because of the video mode. Imagine your kids taking part in sports activities...the video does make a difference, albeit a noisy and VGA-quality style...heh heh

Faster AF for me is Fine :)
I dont shoot in Low Light :)
And i dont do Video recording also :)

Pentax Faster AF Please :)

Tried N Dxxx series today at comex... Pentax AF really need some improvement...

For the Full-frame A900, it also got SteadyShot image stabilization. I remember we did worried before that whether this kind technique can be used on the full-frame DSLR. it seems it works!

pentaxforum grapevine seem to say theres a k20d super........

q stupid lah, video is a different ball game altogether. Why not use a compact with ultrazoom? full HD is still 4mp only.
I'd rather they give me 100% 1.0x viewfinder, lighter body, cleaner sensor w s/w AA, in the K20D PRICE bracket.

watever it is... its good that Canon has launch the 5DMKII at USD2699... thats is very good price... i wouldn't be surprise if this spell more price drops from N and S...

thats means we can expect to see a ~3.5K or less FF from pentax if they ever produce one...:)

but hopefully they focus making a good camera rather than chasing the MP race...

That's insane ... But the price seems to be very reasonable ;p

another DSLR comes with HD!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/21/panasonic-unveils-video-capturing-lumix-g-prototype/

We just barely got our unsteady mitts on the upcoming Lumix G1, yet already Panasonic is teasing with something of a successor, currently dubbed the "G." It uses the G1's same micro four thirds body design, ditching the mirror and optical viewfinder in favor of case slimness, but adds a stereo microphone on top and record button on back for high-def video capture -- rare stuff on a consumer digi-cam with a replaceable lens. No word on price or availability, but given the G1 isn't slated to hit Japan until October we wouldn't expect this one until sometime next year. Meanwhile, if you tend to prefer pictures of the non-moving variety, LetsGoDigital also has some test images taken by a pre-release G1. The 640x480 snaps themselves aren't anything to get too excited about (unless you're a Formula One fan), but do prove that the camera can indeed take pictures.

I have to admit that I get tempted by Nikon D90 as my co-worker pre-order the body only copy and I get to see it in weeks to come when he get delivered from Amazon. For body only, I find the price attractive as I am into both 95% pictures and 5% videos. Those capability comes as a good surprise with technology integration. Of course, I rather Pentax to concentrate on AF and the other lackings when compared to other brands.

Blog Posts

And I am yet to contemplate the idea of going minimalist in acquiring lens in Pentax and think of the possibility of owing two systems to test the dark forces.

I have to admit that I get tempted by Nikon D90 as my co-worker pre-order the body only copy and I get to see it in weeks to come when he get delivered from Amazon. For body only, I find the price attractive as I am into both 95% pictures and 5% videos. Those capability comes as a good surprise with technology integration. Of course, I rather Pentax to concentrate on AF and the other lackings when compared to other brands.

Blog Posts

And I am yet to contemplate the idea of going minimalist in acquiring lens in Pentax and think of the possibility of owing two systems to test the dark forces.

Nice blog...mate. :)

Nice blog...mate. :)

Thank you for the kind comments. For those who are interested in comparing D90 lens with Pentax lens, I find this link quite useful in listing out the compatibility of D90 with old lens. It may be worth to consider the fact that Pentaxian pride ourselves in using old lens in the 50's and 60's and still have SR in the body. But that may not be the case in D90, it is about the middle camera in Nikon line up for backward compatibility. It is something to think about when D90 is considered

http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/slr-lens.html

And I find this page quite useful with user reviews and ratings on lens

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/

Thanks,
Hin

Status
Not open for further replies.