D90 from Courts

Nikon79

Mar 31, 2009
Saw the deal $1588, with 16gb card, tripod, bag, screen protector, travelling bag.

is it a good deal?
pls advice

Saw the deal $1588, with 16gb card, tripod, bag, screen protector, travelling bag.

is it a good deal?
pls advice

we have the price guides for comparison

street prices r generally cheaper also. u get quotes from the reputable shops listed in the price guides for the current pricing of d90

is it a good deal?
pls advice

Please do check the price guide as shared by the bro in a post above.

Also do note that D90 prices have fallen recently. You can get a body-only D90 for slightly less than $1000. And the D90 with 18-105mm kit lens for slightly over $1300 nowadays.

is it a good deal?
pls advice

no... don't bother buying DSLR from courts

ohh.. i was looking at the nikon price guideline..
saw the price around 1500-1700 range but w/o many freebies

hehe i guess i must be looking at the outdated ones..

anyway thank bro for the advice..
i'll try to get quote from MS and TK foto first

Nikon79 said:

is it a good deal?
pls advice

Dun bother with courts. Their prices are only RRP. Very standard price. They only throw in free gifts.

Dun bother with courts. Their prices are only RRP. Very standard price. They only throw in free gifts.

And some insurance packages to cover clumsiness, shaky hands and other misfortunes and damages. If TS needs this then Courts can help him.

Buying in megastores is always a big no no... Even with the freebies, it's really not worth money and I believed that even the memory card that they "give" you is only class 4-6 card. Not really useful if you are taking FHD videos..

Those free gifts are pretty standard. Just about any shop would give you a free card, tripod and bag. Most of them are pretty useless. The tripod is usually too weak for a DSLR, and the bag usually is not very good. Card could be useful though, but again, I think every shop gives you a card when you buy a DSLR.

Nikon79 said:

is it a good deal?
pls advice

Bought my d90 at peninsular at 1450. 8gb, tripod, lens cloth by nikon. UV filter, nikon cam bag. If u dont like tge bag u can get a crumpler.

And yea dont buy DSLRs at megastores unless u wanna do monthly installments. Even so that is not advisable. Do a little bit of surveying at city hall and peninsular.

:)

brapodam said:
Those free gifts are pretty standard. Just about any shop would give you a free card, tripod and bag. Most of them are pretty useless. The tripod is usually too weak for a DSLR, and the bag usually is not very good. Card could be useful though, but again, I think every shop gives you a card when you buy a DSLR.

The bag is good. But its too bland. I bought a crumpler on the day itself lol. The nikon bag is good and had a good amount of space to keep other stuffs.

Went to John to get my 7D last week and overheard that the D90 is selling at around S$14XX - don't know what kit lens it came with, but I think it is a pretty good buy.

rhino123 said:
Went to John to get my 7D last week and overheard that the D90 is selling at around S$14XX - don't know what kit lens it came with, but I think it is a pretty good buy.

That should be the 18-105mm at that price.

Don't bother to get any items in courts, you will regret. So many "free gifts" also useless and you will not need. Only free gift that may attract me is battery, dry cabinet.. other then that i don't think will need it. Everytime they mention "free gift" for this or that model the cost of the so call "free gift" is already included into your purchase. Get quote from reputational shop like Cathay M/P, MS Color, TK Foto. Their price will be better then courts.

Last edited:
doubleace said:
Don't bother to get any items in courts, you will regret. So many "free gifts" also useless and you will not need. Only free gift that may attract me is battery, dry cabinet.. other then that i don't think will need it. Everytime they mention "free gift" for this or that model the cost of the so call "free gift" is already included into your purchase. Get quote from reputational shop like Cathay M/P, MS Color, TK Foto. Their price will be better then courts.

The only freebies worth noticing are battery (original only), 50mm prime, branded bag (kata or Lowepro with nikon embossment) & dry cabinet. Even so, you still have to check how much are you "paying" for them. Technically, they are not free....

Only buy in Courts if u want to pay in installments.
We can understand as this is not a cheap hobby to begin with.

Er... no. Even if you want to pay installment, you can approach reputable shops. I got my 7D from John - 1 year installment, with the 4% interest thrown in (S$2291), I still get a price that is cheaper than the RRP price (S$2549). So... basically, I don't see a need to get anything from megastores.

Guapo said:

Courts is bs. The RRP for 50mm 1.8 is 159 and yet at courts tampines mall they put usual price as 160 and after discount 159. Agree with the rest of the brothers here better off to get installment plans from other reputable shops. Courts interest is also too high. You will end up paying much much more than original price.

Courts is bs. The RRP for 50mm 1.8 is 159 and yet at courts tampines mall they put usual price as 160 and after discount 159. Agree with the rest of the brothers here better off to get installment plans from other reputable shops. Courts interest is also too high. You will end up paying much much more than original price.

ya.. the price there is so much higher (courts TM) they put usual price for 24-105L lens (24xx) now selling 21xx, a quick check wif from canon website selling 21xx...

Er... no. Even if you want to pay installment, you can approach reputable shops. I got my 7D from John - 1 year installment, with the 4% interest thrown in (S$2291), I still get a price that is cheaper than the RRP price (S$2549). So... basically, I don't see a need to get anything from megastores.

Care to share how ur installment plan is worked out ?
Using credit card ?

Thanks.